The Student Room Group
Reply 1
write a list, learn them with the topic your learning rather than seperatly then youll know what they go with an you can then apply it to what you know
Reply 2
Free recall:

basically, just think of a standard question which could come up (there are very few variations), then try and answer it in bullet points, no need to write it out, then see how u get on. everything u forget fill in later. then have another go, continue till u get evrything right...
Reply 3
thanks!! i shall try the suggestions!! anymore tho are very much appreciated.
thanks again x
I have some fantastic news. Well, I'm not actually sure if this only applies to AQA (B), but my teachers have both told me that you do not need to remember the name and date of the study, only the general outline of Aim, Procedure, Results and Conclusion. For example, if you were asked about conformity, you don't have to write "Asch (1951) blah blah", you can just write "A psychologist performed a study in which he gave participants simple observation tasks and..." Apparently you only would need to mention the date if it was relevant to the study, for example a study done in the 50's about women's responses to sexual language is relevant in that time frame and would yield different results today.

As for remembering the actual studies, you could try my technique, which was to make little revision cards, on which I listed the name of the study (e.g. Asch (1951)), then the main points of the study in this format:
AIM - What the pyschologist wanted to investigate
PROCEDURE - What the psychologist did
RESULTS - The data collected, such as percentages
CONCLUSION - What the psychologist found out.
EVALUATION - Was it a good study? How could it have been better? Was it ethical etc.

Then I group the cards together into topics, like all the studies for scoial influence, all the studies for Biopsychology, all the studies for cognition and the law, etc. I find it quite useful to have all the relevant information condensed into a few salient points, and organised into smaller groupings.

Good luck with the revision and exams!
Reply 5
I think it's easier to learn who did it, then you don't mix up studies, but that's just personal preference. I never learnt dates for AS but I knew all the names and didn't lose marks for it.
Summarise it into bullet point notes
Reply 7
customchild
I'm amazingly stuck on AS level psyc revision, all the studies, do u guys have any tips for me to actually remember them???

Sort relevent studies into appropriate topics in a table form. Briefly describe the study, what the aim was of it and what they found. Your A02 is achieved by saying what they found then criticising it.

It's much easier in table form.
Reply 8
This is what I do for the Key Studies in AS Psychology:

Speak them into a tape/diktaphone/whatever and play them whenever you get a chance. They'll cement into you whether you like it or not, even if you're not actively listening you'll be amazed at what you remember in the exam.

I've used this technique with all my subjects (Psychology, Philosophy, Gov & Pol, English Lit) :wink:

Give it a go.

Latest