The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Offer from an international student

So I've been in the UK for about 2 months. Thanks to the work of housing, I've had to live with a group of people who prefer to not speak English. So living in isolation isn't fun, I'm from the US and if anyone at University of Sussex would like to add me to their social group to go out into town for the pubs and clubs, I'll cover your bar bill for you.

Just tired of the situation I've been put it and want to make friends and meet new people. If I have to do this to achieve my goals, then so be it.

Send a message here please.

Thanks.

*** well having this up the whole term consisted of nothing but false hopes and dead ends.... Thank you so much for that.

Can't give up, going to be here till August. So here's another attempt....
(edited 11 years ago)
Any chance of changing your accommodation - if you havnt asked, do it. If they get arsey with you, get your Personal Tutor to help. This is making you miserable and especially as an overseas student, that is enough to affect your study.

No-one on your course to go out with? Try taking your lunch in one of the post-grad places (IDS, SPRU etc) and chatting to people there.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
*bump*
Reply 3
Have you tried joining any clubs or societies? They are usually pretty good ways to get chatting to people. East Slope Bar is showing the US election results this evening/overnight so you could head down there and get talking to people. I imagine there will be lots of Americans in the crowd who may not be there with other friends (or who would be happy to introduce you to theirs)

Blatant plug but joining the Students' Union volunteer team is another good way to meet people - www.sussexstudent.com/volunteerforus

Jo
Reply 4
And a bump again.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
Any chance of changing your accommodation - if you havnt asked, do it. If they get arsey with you, get your Personal Tutor to help. This is making you miserable and especially as an overseas student, that is enough to affect your study.

No-one on your course to go out with? Try taking your lunch in one of the post-grad places (IDS, SPRU etc) and chatting to people there.

Yes, many times, I've been in touch with housing for over a month. They said they had a place for me to move to, but the guy I had been talking to this whole time forgot I was a PG and the room was filled with undergrads. So back to square one, and waiting.
Know how to message someone privately? Im undergrad first year though..if you wanted to chill
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
*Bump*
Reply 8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending