The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Changing fee status at Edinburgh, but offer might be withdrawn?!

Hello,
I have just received an offer on Philosophy from Edinburgh. At the time of applying, I was still waiting for a decision on my settled status so Edinburgh classified me as an international student. I have now obtained settled status though.
I am offered International fee status in my offer, but in UCAS, it says my offer will be reassessed and potentially withdrawn is my fee status changed (to RUK).

I know there is no way I can afford 26k a year, but I just desperately want to know how likely my offer would be withdrawn if I change my fee status.

Would appreciate any help, Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
Scottish universities rely heavily on international students in order to pay for Scottish students. This means they are restricted in quotas and therefore are quite likely to withdraw an offer if your status changes. This is why there is a growing sense that it is no longer a meritocratic system and that the price of free education in Scotland is that some perfectly capable Scottish students are unable to get offers from the big universities whilst lesser qualified international students are. It is time the SNP gave up the pretense of free education and brought in a graduate tax on all students and an equal consideration all students irrespective of place of residence
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending