The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Exchange student coming to Warwick!

Hello All,

Finding this forum was huge relief. I am very lost. I will be coming to Warwick on exchange from Monash University for the Spring and Summer term. I am coming smack in the middle of the year, right when it's coldest. I would really appreciate if you can advise me regarding accommodation.

I am going to be in Warwick from January to end of June, that is 6 months. Most of the accommodation being offered is for 30 week lets (not easily available) and the rest are 39 and 42-weeks plus unfortunately. I will be in the UK for around 25 weeks.

Can you help advise about reasonable accommodations for a new student and where they will allow me to rent the room for 6 months instead of these longer lets.

Also, if I take an on-campus 30 week let, can I leave earlier? Do they allow that?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Reply 1
If you haven't already applied for on campus accommodation then unfortunately you will have missed the deadline, see www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/12/allocation12/#Fpyugex

However, you will still be able to apply for off campus accommodation. I knew someone who was at the university for only part of the year and they were able to get a room for only those terms they were present. This isn't something that the website has a lot of information about though, so you would have to contact the accommodation people directly for the details.

Another option is this forum http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/ where there are some students who are leaving the university and need someone to take over their contract for the rest of the academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi
There are good private landlords in Coventry worth investigating. I suggest you visit (online if not in person) to the estate agencies that deal with students. There are bound to be some who will offer 6 months but most will probably want at least 8 months. In all likelyhood you will probably want to stay longer with your housemates/ colleagues/friends etc at the end so that you can visit areas of the country that you will not have had time to see beforehand and see it during the summer time.

It may be worth trying to talk to any other students, particularly phd or more mature students to see what they think.

Here is one I believe has a room near to the university, www.langleystudentaccommodation.com

QUOTE=talaltq;40103736]Hello All,

Finding this forum was huge relief. I am very lost. I will be coming to Warwick on exchange from Monash University for the Spring and Summer term. I am coming smack in the middle of the year, right when it's coldest. I would really appreciate if you can advise me regarding accommodation.

I am going to be in Warwick from January to end of June, that is 6 months. Most of the accommodation being offered is for 30 week lets (not easily available) and the rest are 39 and 42-weeks plus unfortunately. I will be in the UK for around 25 weeks.

Can you help advise about reasonable accommodations for a new student and where they will allow me to rent the room for 6 months instead of these longer lets.

Also, if I take an on-campus 30 week let, can I leave earlier? Do they allow that?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Reply 3
Thank you to both of you! My apologies for replying so late; I thought I had subscribed to the thread and looks like I had not. I managed to get on-campus accomodation and it will run only for the duration of my stay so that is amazing. I think this is special consideration for exchange students :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest