The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL open day invitation Natural sciences

I have just got a letter in the post with an invitation to an open day in two weeks at UCL.
The letter said that I will be speaking to a member of staff who is relevant to the subject I will be doing.
I have had nothing via E-mail or UCAS track.
What does this mean? Should I prepare for an interview?
Reply 1
I had this last year, basically they try and sell the interview to you and have a quick 5/10 minute interview at the end. they showed me round the site and into a chemistry lab, and a powerpoint on how good the uni is etc.. I got asked to identify an alcohol. he drew 3 chemistry formulae and it was dead easy. then I got asked 1 question about my experience that Id put in my personal statement..

The main guy said at the start of the thing that if you are here the chances are stacked hugely in your favour that you will be receiving an offer for the course, its simply to sell the uni so you accept it, and to check you're not a total freak/idiot/shouldnt be at uni/lied.

I went in a suit, without a blazer but with a jumper, and there were people in suits and people in tracksuits (very casual..) it doesn't really matter, and is nothing to worry about.

however I'm almost certain I received and email, as I had to confirm my place.

So basically well done, :smile: hopefully
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I got an invitation for CompSci too, and on the email it says you will not be interviewed! So confused! When I was booking it, there were limited places as well - 4 dates with around 30 - 40 places in each so I guess only about 130 people get this invite (since it'd be unfair if you got an invite and couldn't book a place). Ahh so confusing! UCL is my top choice and I'd love an offer >.<
I'm going to this too for natural sciences on the 22nd and so far I have done no prep! :biggrin: no idea really how to prepare. Think i may just read over my statement making sure I know what I can say. But other than that im unsure on what to do :/ xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending