The Student Room Group

Will he come back or is he just not interested?

I was dating this guy for about 2 months and things were going well - we spent a lot of time together and talked all the time, which is a big deal for me because i usually keep to myself. I thought he really liked me because he was quite persistent in getting me to go out with him, and once we started seeing each other he was always happy to do anything I wanted as long as we were spending time together. He was always complimenting me and making me feel special - he treated me better than any guy has ever treated me, and eventually i fell totally head over heels for him.

Anyway, the reason for our 'break-up' was that we had the 'relationship conversation' - which he brought up - and i put myself out there and said that I would consider myself as off-the-market. He then got really uncomfortable and basically said that he wasnt ready for a commitment. He explained it as a combination of what happened with his ex and fear of having to go through that again / not being ready for a relationship with anyone right now (i.e. classic its not you its me) etc. After that day he became really distant and then cut off all contact after about a week or two.

So now its been 4 months of pretty much no contact and I'm still not over him. I didnt even like him this much to start with but now I swear its becoming an obsession. I think about him all the time but I dont want to be the one to keep texting first (I've started all 3 conversations we've had in the last 4 months, lol) because it'll only make me look desperate. I cant help but think that he might get back in touch when he feels a little more mature and ready for something serious? But i think that might just be wishful thinking?

I've even tried getting over him by reconnecting with an old flame. That didnt work - we've been sleeping together for nearly 2 months now and im still not over this guy. Why am i so obsessed with him?!

How do i get over him or get him back?
Reply 1
It sounds like he just wasn't as interested in you as you was with him. Or you liked him a little bit but because he lost interest, you've become obsessed with a guy who is not interested? You consider yourself "off the market", so is it rare to be turned down by guys or were you just acting confident? It might be the confidence that put him off.

I don't think you can "get him back" neccasary as he's not interested but it's easy to get over him. Cut contact from him, facebook, phone, anything that reminds you of him. He's not interested in even being friends so this should be easy enough to do... Then time is the true healer.
(edited 11 years ago)
why would you even like someone who obviously doesn't like you as much? An unequal affection is a romance destined for failure. Give it time and you will soon forget any loving feelings for him and you will start to hate him because he just did you over.
Highly doubt he will come back now, you'll just have to focus elsewhere and enjoy time with your friends etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending