The Student Room Group

Bringing grades up from AS to A2?

I've got 4 out of 5 university offers now and my top offer is ABB.
My AS grades were ABC, and predictions of ABB.
I was wondering just how difficult it would be for me to bump my C grade up to a B grade considering it was a fairly low C. This subject is Geography and both AS and A2 has two exams at 30% (January) and 70% (Summer). I am already retaking the 30% January module from AS.
Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Jade10128
I've got 4 out of 5 university offers now and my top offer is ABB.
My AS grades were ABC, and predictions of ABB.
I was wondering just how difficult it would be for me to bump my C grade up to a B grade considering it was a fairly low C. This subject is Geography and both AS and A2 has two exams at 30% (January) and 70% (Summer). I am already retaking the 30% January module from AS.
Any advice?

I did AS Geography last year but dropped it. What were your scores in each exam? I would say if you don't have many January exams retake the AS one then, just make sure it won't detract from your A2 grade. Then in summer I wouldn't retake as you'd have to revise so much AS work as well as the A2 stuff, just concentrate on doing really well in the A2 exam to boost your grade!
Reply 2
I have to jump from a low D to a B for German for all of my uni offers, what have I got myself in to...

Sorry I don't know how to actually help though, I would say you can do it though, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannxo
I have to jump from a low D to a B for German for all of my uni offers, what have I got myself in to...

Sorry I don't know how to actually help though, I would say you can do it though, good luck!

I'm in the exact same position for German! Do you have a German resit this week?
Reply 4
Original post by trianglehate
I'm in the exact same position for German! Do you have a German resit this week?

Yay! I'm not the only one!
Yes Wednesday :smile:, got 2 exams at the same time (1pm) then so should be a fun afternoon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannxo
Yay! I'm not the only one!
Yes Wednesday :smile:, got 2 exams at the same time (1pm) then so should be a fun afternoon :frown:

Same as me, guessing you're with AQA? Ouch! How is that possible because our German exam is 2 hours?!

Good luck with both though :smile: German revision has been torture haha
Reply 6
I'd say resitting the "easier" of the AS modules would be a good idea to try and get some extra marks would be a good idea.
I don't know how easy it is to improve grades between AS and A2 but I know one of my friends got CDE and got it up to ABC by re-sitting a few modules, re-doing one of his courseworks and putting in a lot of time and effort during the A2 year.
So you'll need to put work and time in but you should be able to bump up your grade. :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks for the information :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending