The Student Room Group

i feel like i completely failed

Today i had my paper 3 chem alevel exam, and during the exam i looked up at the board and misread the amount of time i had left, i ended up rushing everything and then when i realised i had more time i prioritised a 7 marker and tried to solve it but couldnt. now im really really panicking, Im so scared i wont even get 50% and i need an A in chemistry for my offer. i feel like i cannot focus and i have my biology paper tomorrow, my heart really hurts, does anyone have any advice on how to revise when dealing with this anxiety?
Reply 1
Hey :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that the exam didn't go as well as it could have. I think you did all that you could have asked of yourself, given the circumstance, and even though you didn't get the answer, I am sure that some of your workings on the 7 marker would gain you some marks, which will certainly be better than nothing.
I know it's hard, but please try not to panic. Take a deep breath. Chemistry is over now and for better or for worse there is nothing else you can do right now that will benefit your grade, so the best thing you can do is try to forget about the exams that have passed.
Even if you don't get an A, I am absolutely certain that there will be many other opportunities that come your way, so please try not to put this stress onto yourself leading up to results day. :suith:
If you are able, try to take a walk, watch a funny video, go swimming, or go and chat to a friend - anything that will distract you for a little while. Then, try to come back to your revision for tomorrow's biology exam with a clearer mind and then go in there tomorrow and smash it!
Original post by exex!
Hey :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that the exam didn't go as well as it could have. I think you did all that you could have asked of yourself, given the circumstance, and even though you didn't get the answer, I am sure that some of your workings on the 7 marker would gain you some marks, which will certainly be better than nothing.
I know it's hard, but please try not to panic. Take a deep breath. Chemistry is over now and for better or for worse there is nothing else you can do right now that will benefit your grade, so the best thing you can do is try to forget about the exams that have passed.
Even if you don't get an A, I am absolutely certain that there will be many other opportunities that come your way, so please try not to put this stress onto yourself leading up to results day. :suith:
If you are able, try to take a walk, watch a funny video, go swimming, or go and chat to a friend - anything that will distract you for a little while. Then, try to come back to your revision for tomorrow's biology exam with a clearer mind and then go in there tomorrow and smash it!

thank you so much, ill try my best
Original post by bangout_a103
Today i had my paper 3 chem alevel exam, and during the exam i looked up at the board and misread the amount of time i had left, i ended up rushing everything and then when i realised i had more time i prioritised a 7 marker and tried to solve it but couldnt. now im really really panicking, Im so scared i wont even get 50% and i need an A in chemistry for my offer. i feel like i cannot focus and i have my biology paper tomorrow, my heart really hurts, does anyone have any advice on how to revise when dealing with this anxiety?

don't worry i am in the exact same boat, i didn't manage to finish my paper even though i had extra time and rushed some things to. It is what it is now, whatever happens, happens for a reason, for better or for worse
Reply 4
thank you so much, ill try my best

That's okay. As long as you try your best, thats all anyone can ever ask from you :smile: You should be really proud of everything you have already achieved, and please don't think these exams are the be-all-and-end-all because they truly are not xx
Best of luck :smile:
Reply 5

Hey. I had the same issue with my first Maths exam. I think I finished only half because I didn't time myself well. Left three huge marker questions unanswered like 10, 11 and 15 marks. I'll probably get a D when I need an A. I guess I'm trying to say that we can be miserable together if that makes the anxiety easier to bear. So many of us are in this situation :hugs:

It's okay and normal to panic but you have to remind yourself that you have another paper tomorrow. No amount of worry can change what has already happened. If you let this panic affect your revision, you could flunk Biology. What's worse than not doing so well on one paper? Not doing so well on two. A university can look at an acceptable grade on Biology with a nice personal statement, and take you even if your Chemistry grade is less than acceptable. Worst case, they might make you take a summer class before uni begins. However, if both are less, that's not so likely. So, give your all to Biology today. Practice one or two past papers. Go there tomorrow and do your best. Everything will be okay.

im exactly the same as u, i missed out about 15 marks worth of questions and also need an A, its horrible because its our whole future and i feel i did terrible in comparsion to everyone else
i actually feell i proper flopped these alevel exams and didnt do them to the best of my ability cos of exam pressure and anxiety
It is not your whole future. You have an awful lot of working/living to come. Someone can get great exam results, first class honours, masters and still not get a wonderful job. Your personality, confidence and so much more counts. You will also have the chance to study in years to come.
How did the OP get on in second exam and anyone else in same boat?
Original post by Primscot
How did the OP get on in second exam and anyone else in same boat?

hi, ik this is a really late response, just wanted to update you and let you know i ended up getting the A in chemistry thank goodnesss. paper 3 did bring my grade down a lot but whats important is i got the grade i needed and now im in uni!
hi, ik this is a really late response, just wanted to update you and let you know i ended up getting the A in chemistry thank goodnesss. paper 3 did bring my grade down a lot but whats important is i got the grade i needed and now im in uni!

slay how’s med
It’s actually really good i love it. i have exams in like a month though so I have to study sm.
It’s actually really good i love it. i have exams in like a month though so I have to study sm.

that’s great!!
& good luck, you’ll smash it!

Heyy. Congrats on the grade and uni! I hope your exams go well.

I saw our old comments and laughed. I got a B not a D in AS, and I still got predicted an A for A2. Plus, I'm starting uni this year. It's funny how we were so miserable about one paper yet everything turned out fine.
Reply 14
Original post by DarylO
Heyy. Congrats on the grade and uni! I hope your exams go well.

I saw our old comments and laughed. I got a B not a D in AS, and I still got predicted an A for A2. Plus, I'm starting uni this year. It's funny how we were so miserable about one paper yet everything turned out fine.

Sorry for late reply, Congrats on the grades and starting uni! let me know how A2 goes, and honestly yeah, we always tend to be pessimistic about this stuff when we did much better than we thought.
Reply 15
Sorry for late reply, Congrats on the grades and starting uni! let me know how A2 goes, and honestly yeah, we always tend to be pessimistic about this stuff when we did much better than we thought.

No need to apologise! :smile: I've been so busy with school stuff too. All my exams went well and I got my offer confirmed today. I'm so happy. I hope the uni journey is going well for you too.

Quick Reply

Latest