The Student Room Group

Transcripts for A Level Student

Hi,

My school won't issue a high school transcript for me, the one that shows my performance from Year 9 through Year 12 but they will provide me recommendation letters. So can I apply to North American universities mainly in the US and Canada with my IGCSE, AS Level transcript, letter of recommendation and predicted A2 scores? I think my IGCSE and A Level transcript should be enough to prove my academic performance.
The transcript my school provided (and this was based off the template on the Harvard UK admissions website and the Fulbright UK US commission's website) was just my GCSEs and predicted A-level grades. That was fine for all 19 US universities I applied to. Your school will need to be the one to submit the transcript, however.

https://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to-the-usa/undergraduate/educationusa-advice/applying/school-documents
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kamara41
The transcript my school provided (and this was based off the template on the Harvard UK admissions website and the Fulbright UK US commission's website) was just my GCSEs and predicted A-level grades. That was fine for all 19 US universities I applied to. Your school will need to be the one to submit the transcript, however.

https://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to-the-usa/undergraduate/educationusa-advice/applying/school-documents

Thank you for the information.
hi, not sure if this thread is still on, but because I am in a really similar situation here, I would like to enquire whether or not you still had to submit your GCSE and AS exam grades (as these are externally marked) to the university as well? or were your transcript just fine, and all you had to do was submit to the school your final A2 exam grades?

Just a heads up but because I did my GCSE course through an online college, therefore my online institution only provided me with predicted grades, and I used these predicted grades to get into my current alevel school.
Thank you so much for any input provided :smile:
Hi, not sure if this thread is still on, but because I am in a really similar situation here, I would like to enquire whether or not you still had to submit your GCSE and AS exam grades (as these are externally marked) to the university as well? or were your transcript just fine, and all you had to do was submit to the school your final A2 exam grades?

Just a heads up but because I did my GCSE course through an online college, therefore my online institution only provided me with predicted grades, and I used these predicted grades to get into my current alevel school.
Thank you so much for any input provided :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending