The Student Room Group

A2 UNIT 4 BIO~~How Science works

Hi If anyone could put up an overview of what you need to know for these questions e.g. stats, hybothesis, bias ect.... If you someone coule do an overview this would be helpful for myself and others that visit this thread. Reason I can't do it is 1st of all I don't really understand some of it, plus I am troubles revising other topics so I don't have time to waste trying to teach myself from past papers, plus it kind of wastes some of the questions. SO if anyone can do an overview it will be deeply appreciated.
Reply 1
can someone please help me with rejecting or accepting my null hypothesis PLEASE!

If my chi squared value is greater than the critical value then i would reject my null hypothesis. Therefore there is a significant difference between observed and expected.5% probability that the results were due to the chance. <<<< IS THIS RIGHT?

Can some one please help me! Thanks :smile:
Reply 2
I haven't done chi squared sorry.

Anyone able to help, or we can start a how science thread where everyone contributes ideas.
Reply 3
can someone please help me with rejecting or accepting my null hypothesis PLEASE!

If my chi squared value is greater than the critical value then i would reject my null hypothesis. Therefore there is a significant difference between observed and expected.5% probability that the results were due to the chance. <<<< IS THIS RIGHT?

Can some one please help me! Thanks

Yes! I would say,
I have rejected my null hypothesis because the chi square value is above the critical value, therefore the results are significantly significant and there is a less than 5% probability that the results are due to chance.
Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Emma1124
Yes! I would say,
I have rejected my null hypothesis because the chi square value is above the critical value, therefore the results are significantly significant and there is a less than 5% probability that the results are due to chance.
Hope this helps!

Oh Okay so if my chi squared value is less than my critical value there is a 5 percent probability my results are not due to chance therefore a 95 percent probability it is due to chance? Thanks for the reply by the way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending