The Student Room Group

Revision techniques for CONTENT HEAVY subjects?

Doing history, philosophy, r.s and English lit at AS Level. I am really stuck on how to revise. My original plan was to memorise everything then use exam technique sheets to know how to answer the questions in the exam, but apparently this is the wrong thing to do. Mind maps don't work for me. I've tried recording but I don't know if I'm an auditory learner. When taking notes I practically write everything down (I feel like every sentence is important) and it is too time consuming???
Past papers! Past papers! Past papers!!

I also write notes up on small pieces of paper and stick them on the wall.
Reply 2
For a certain biology unit I made flash cards with all the information that I feel I might forget, in a past paper answer form if possible. It certainly helped me anyway.
Original post by StartSomething
Past papers! Past papers! Past papers!!

I also write notes up on small pieces of paper and stick them on the wall.

No way, I'd recommend the complete opposite - past papers only test ~5% of your knowledge so you could easily miss stuff out through them.

Make some heavy duty notes/flash cards and keep condensing/re-writing them. Only do past papers in the last couple of weeks (other than one or two a week to keep you in shape over christmas) for content subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending