The Student Room Group

Failing a level politics right before mocks

I have mocks in just over a week that determine our predicted grades for uni. Right now I’m sitting on CCD the D being in politics. The amount of content in edexcel is absolutely insane. I spent time making flashcards over days and I still haven’t gotten through all the y12 content. I have no idea how i will be able to revise all of it and then start practising essay technique/plans in time for the mocks ( I have 2 other essay subjects to do) politics is the worst because the content is so so heavy. I have breakdowns over how much I have to memories and ic really regret not going over the content over the year in year 12. I have to get an A in this mock or my chances at uni will be jeopardised. Does anyone know any non time consuming way to revise edexcel politics and come out with good grades? I’ve been thinking of giving straight in past exams and making essay plans for every past paper and memorising it because if I go through all past questions I will eventually come across the ones in my mock but I’m scared I might fail again or do terribly if I do this and skip content. I’m just really worried I will not be able to revise all the content in time. What is the best most effective way I can go sbout this to get an A? Anyone that’s done this subject and knows pls pls give advice If you can
Reply 1
Original post by TTAva2000
I have mocks in just over a week that determine our predicted grades for uni. Right now I’m sitting on CCD the D being in politics. The amount of content in edexcel is absolutely insane. I spent time making flashcards over days and I still haven’t gotten through all the y12 content. I have no idea how i will be able to revise all of it and then start practising essay technique/plans in time for the mocks ( I have 2 other essay subjects to do) politics is the worst because the content is so so heavy. I have breakdowns over how much I have to memories and ic really regret not going over the content over the year in year 12. I have to get an A in this mock or my chances at uni will be jeopardised. Does anyone know any non time consuming way to revise edexcel politics and come out with good grades? I’ve been thinking of giving straight in past exams and making essay plans for every past paper and memorising it because if I go through all past questions I will eventually come across the ones in my mock but I’m scared I might fail again or do terribly if I do this and skip content. I’m just really worried I will not be able to revise all the content in time. What is the best most effective way I can go sbout this to get an A? Anyone that’s done this subject and knows pls pls give advice If you can

I bet this is an incredibly challenging situation you're in. I understand how you might be feeling right now. In regards to your time constraints, I would suggest that you focus on key concepts and have a look at past examination papers. You can also consider forging a condensed study guide that you can use for quick reference. Taking breaks and remaining organized in crucial in this. I believe you can make it, you've got this!!
In case you require further guidance in regards, please DM.

Good luck
Original post by TTAva2000

Hello,
I understand how you might be feeling in such an incredibly challenging situation. Given your time constraints, I would recommend that that you concentrate on fundamental concepts and also past exam questions. Consider coming up with a study guide to use for quick reference. Don't give up, you've got this! Might you require further guidance, consult peers. You can also DM for assistance.
Warm regards.

Quick Reply

Latest