The Student Room Group

Four Four Two - Top 100 players in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What a joke FFT is. Milito and Hernanes should be way way way way way higher. Without his Euro 2012 performance there's no way Pirlo would have made the top 10 - not because he doesn't deserve it, but because the English border on slanderous when they are talking about anything to do with Serie A. His domestic performances alone deserve to see him that high but of course they'd never consider it to be the same as performing like that in England...:mad:
Reply 21
Surely Huntelaar should be higher. :holmes:
imo, Ozil should be higher. Mario Gomez should be a lot higher than 72 as well.

Bale is extremely overrated here.
Bale 11? Please.

Original post by EmperorMustard

Lampard should be much much lower. Not sure how they can justify having him that high when he's not playing as much

Did you not read the article? He played 51 matches last season.

Petr Cech should be on that list, he's had an extraordinary year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Pirlo should be ahead of Xavi who's probably had his poorest individual year in about 6 years in 2012.
Busquets should probably be higher
Kagawa and Chiellini's rankings are bordering on criminal
Reply 27
El shaarawy!!
Reply 28
Original post by Gob Bluth
Correct, we're not looking at the worst 100 players remember

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba all should be on that list.

Mug.
Reply 29
Vermaelen, Valdes and Torres shouldn't be on there.
Would have Neymar and Busquets higher and Bale lower, 11th is just ridiculous.
As someone who watches Bale every week, this will only serve to inflate his already near-popping-point ego.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto should so be in there though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
The German players seem a bit underrated to me...and Ribery should be top 20 I reckon.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Bale 11? Please.

Petr Cech should be on that list, he's had an extraordinary year.

This. Cech is easily better than Valdes (who shouldn't even be on the list).

Also I'll probably get hated on but I wouldn't have Van Persie so high either, or Rooney as a matter of a fact. Not to mention Suarez. 45? Come on he has got Liverpool where they are single handed. He should easily be top 20 maybe.
Reply 33
Reus should be higher. He'll be a beast.
Gerrard getting in purely on reputation there.

You could pick holes in that list all day.
What a farce. Bale's position and the fact Torres is even on the list is hilarious, plus where's Baines?
Reply 36
Barzagli at 75? LOL
Chiellini at 59? LOL
Marchisio at 46? LOL
Buffon at 26? LOL
Pirlo at 9? LOL
Vidal's absence from the list? I'm not even going to bother.

Clearly more evidence of English journalistic ignorance and a worthless ranking.
Reply 37
Original post by Vintage
If Torres is included surely Ba or Cisse should be. Im just using my team as an example. Proper embarrassing top 100.

Mata at only 32 is a crime. And no Petr Cech, but Valdes is?
Reply 38
Original post by navennn
Barzagli at 75? LOL
Chiellini at 59? LOL
Marchisio at 46? LOL
Buffon at 26? LOL
Pirlo at 9? LOL
Vidal's absence from the list? I'm not even going to bother.

Clearly more evidence of English journalistic ignorance and a worthless ranking.

Are you kidding? Barzagli on the list at all is silly, Bonucci has been better than him. Also, Buffon is not the keeper he used to be; he's still solid but is ever so slowly declining, he's not the superman he used to be.

But yea, if you're going to put Marchisio that high up and not put Vidal in at all it doesn't make any sense. They should be quite close to each other in the ranking. Unfortunately for me Juve's midfield is probably the best in the world right now...

Also, Palacio should be there somewhere, even if it's only between 80 and 100. But the fact Milito is in that zone shows how ****** up this list is, he has the highest strike-rate in Europe and can't even break the Top 85. What a joke.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Stramala
Are you kidding? Barzagli on the list at all is silly, Bonucci has been better than him. Also, Buffon is not the keeper he used to be; he's still solid but is ever so slowly declining, he's not the superman he used to be.

But yea, if you're going to put Marchisio that high up and not put Vidal in at all it doesn't make any sense. They should be quite close to each other in the ranking. Unfortunately for me Juve's midfield is probably the best in the world right now...

Also, Palacio should be there somewhere, even if it's only between 80 and 100. But the fact Milito is in that zone shows how ****** up this list is, he has the highest strike-rate in Europe and can't even break the Top 85. What a joke.

Sorry but I have to disagree with your first point there. Having watched every Juventus game of 2012 I can confidently say Barzagli was our best defender last season, outperforming Chiellini and Bonnuci, he was a rock and never made mistakes. In terms of Buffon, he's come back from injury and had an amazing season, made some terrific saves against the likes of Fiorentina and Milan, and bar the one mistake against Lecce, he was as solid as can be. That's not to mention his leadership and organisation at the back along with his presence.

Quick Reply

Latest