The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Interview at Sheffield Hallam University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Orlzy8
Hi Lisa:smile: so happy i found somebody else applying for the post grad dip, wonder are the interviews harder than that for the bsc....i will be traveling from ireland would love to get an interview for here, have you applied for many? i got an unsuccessful for the msc pre reg adult nursing in herts around 2 weeks ago:frown:...have also sent for ljmu the msc there, university of west london post grad dip :smile: i'm checking my emails every day haha

I have applied to Sheffield uni as well as Hallam, sheffield have asked me to complete some accreditation of prior learning forms then I presume an interview. Also applied to Kingston pgdip and have an interview there next week. Still waiting to hear from Nottingham but that is a January 2014 start so would prefer any of the others. There doesn't seem to be many threads about the post grad nursing course so it's great to hear from someone else! Good luck with your applications!
Reply 41
i was going to apply for sheffield uni aswell but dont u have to have a certain amount of hours works experience??& i wouldnt have much:O:O, good luck with your kingston interview:smile: ya i have noticed the same but im sure there are loads applying to do them:smile: its great that we can finish in two years the time would fly by, just hope i get in this year if i dont ill prob do a pre nursing fetac course in ireland & maybe re apply the year after, i put down belfast & ulster aswell, so have belfast for sept 2013 nd feb 2014 incase didnt get the sept round but thats the 3 year course, but id rather do the 2 years n england..your lucky you have heard bk quickly from them i sent my ucas application off mid december so i suppose a lot of the colleges would have been finishing up for the xmas around then
Reply 42
Original post by Gabby_Armstrong9
It's down as "The Forge" or "Forge" it's definitely there :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't find it so not going to apply for that accommodation. I want to live at Charlotte court or bramall court. They look the best ones x
Reply 43
Original post by Gabby_Armstrong9
It's down as "The Forge" or "Forge" it's definitely there :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive found it now but still not going to apply as it doesnt have car parking facilities and I need that as I'm bringing my car x
Original post by sammyocco
Ive found it now but still not going to apply as it doesnt have car parking facilities and I need that as I'm bringing my car x

Ah iv applied for Charlotte court as my second choice, the trigon looks nice too though so I might switch my second choice xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by lisa_89
Hi
I too have applied to the post grad and haven't heard anything yet, glad its not just me!

Me neither and it's driving me mad as it's where I really want to study and the only uni I haven't heard anything back from. My application went in mid-september..
Original post by sammyocco

Where have you applied for accommodation then? :smile: x
Reply 47
So after thinking I'd really messed up I received a conditional offer today :smile: Over the moon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone at Sheffield hallam section day on 25th at 9am? :smile:
Reply 49
I have my interview tomorrow at 9:00am.. I'm so nervous as I really really want to go to Hallam, and I only got the letter on Tuesday, so not much time to prepare!
I'm doing midwifery so hopefully youl get a place and il see you at Hallam in sept!! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mealoner
I have my interview tomorrow at 9:00am.. I'm so nervous as I really really want to go to Hallam, and I only got the letter on Tuesday, so not much time to prepare!

See you there :smile: xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lisa_89
I have applied to Sheffield uni as well as Hallam, sheffield have asked me to complete some accreditation of prior learning forms then I presume an interview. Also applied to Kingston pgdip and have an interview there next week. Still waiting to hear from Nottingham but that is a January 2014 start so would prefer any of the others. There doesn't seem to be many threads about the post grad nursing course so it's great to hear from someone else! Good luck with your applications!

Hi, I am in the process of applying to U of Sheff for the PgDip- got half the application done so far- thinking I need to widen my chances! Can I ask you- did you apply on the online bit? (couldn't see it on Ucas). I have got as far as adding the course choice, but thing is the PgDip doesnt come up- it comes up as the MMed which I think is the distance learning course for something else? Sorry if i'm confusing you here, I will have to have another look at it later!!

Congrats- have you got an interview or are you waiting? I think I read on their website that if you get an interview they send you the APL form to fill in (or was it the other way round?)

Good luck with your application.
Original post by bobgherkin
Me neither and it's driving me mad as it's where I really want to study and the only uni I haven't heard anything back from. My application went in mid-september..

Hi, have you applied to both Sheff Uni's or just Hallam? Hope you hear good news soon on your application, goodluck!
Reply 54
Original post by cheerychops
Hi, I am in the process of applying to U of Sheff for the PgDip- got half the application done so far- thinking I need to widen my chances! Can I ask you- did you apply on the online bit? (couldn't see it on Ucas). I have got as far as adding the course choice, but thing is the PgDip doesnt come up- it comes up as the MMed which I think is the distance learning course for something else? Sorry if i'm confusing you here, I will have to have another look at it later!!

Congrats- have you got an interview or are you waiting? I think I read on their website that if you get an interview they send you the APL form to fill in (or was it the other way round?)

Good luck with your application.

Hello! I did it through ucas back in December but I think I know what you mean, not sure the application on their website is geared up for the nursing Pgdip but maybe get in touch with them and ask if there is another way to do it. I have only had APL forms so far from U of sheffield which I think they want before interview. Literally just got a letter today from Hallam for an interview so really happy! Hope all you Hallam post grads get a letter too soon! Good luck!
Reply 55
Original post by cheerychops
Hi, have you applied to both Sheff Uni's or just Hallam? Hope you hear good news soon on your application, goodluck!

I have applied for undergrad adult nursing at Lincoln (conditional offer) and Derby (interview in march) and the pgdip course at sheffield (unsuccessful because I didn't get the APEL form back in time - they gave me less than 24 hrs!), nottingham (now withdrawn) and Hallam.
Reply 56
Hey guys I'm really panicking I applied to sheffield hallam in October for adult nursing but it was the diploma course only available then and then they changed it ive rang and checked with them and they said there swapping it but I still havnt heard:frown:xx
Reply 57
Original post by .Charlie
So after thinking I'd really messed up I received a conditional offer today :smile: Over the moon!!

Me too! :biggrin: will you be moving into halls? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
[QUOTE="la_kelly;41220768"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Sheffield so staying at home, moving in with my other half who lives closer to town
Is Sheffield your first choice? Congratulations on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="la_kelly;41220768"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey congrats!! I'm doing midwifery :biggrin: so il probs be working with you at some point :biggrin: what accommodation you applying too? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending