The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Midwifery 2022 applicants

Hi I submitted a 2 minute video for Sheffield Hallam the pre interview task. Some ladies have got emails accepting them for an interview. I haven’t received one does this mean I haven’t got a place, or are emails sent numerous days. I’m starting to panic but not heard that I was not unsuccessful yet!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I submitted a 2 minute video for Sheffield Hallam the pre interview task. Some ladies have got emails accepting them for an interview. I haven’t received one does this mean I haven’t got a place, or are emails sent numerous days. I’m starting to panic but not heard that I was not unsuccessful yet!

Hi, I would not stress about this, you will definitely hear one way or the other, so if you have not received an email or a rejection on your UCAS track then you may still be accepted for an interview. If it is a course with a large cohort or a popular course it may just take them longer to work through all the applications which means they will send interview acceptances at different times. To learn more about the application timeline and the offer types, take a look at this link here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/how-to-apply/application-timeline.

This site: https://www.shu.ac.uk/careers/application-tips/interviews will also give you more information on the actual interview process, what you may be asked and how to prepare for it. So, while you wait to hear back you could still prepare for the interview.

So, instead of panicking be organised and prepared instead :smile:

I hope you hear back soon, and that you have your interview <3

- Rosie
Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
What kind of things did you talk about in the video?Your knowledge of the role?Your own experience? What you believe to be the necessary traits of a midwife? Panicking a bit as I don’t like photos or videos of myself and don’t want to look a fool :frown:
Original post by Nerves123
What kind of things did you talk about in the video?Your knowledge of the role?Your own experience? What you believe to be the necessary traits of a midwife? Panicking a bit as I don’t like photos or videos of myself and don’t want to look a fool :frown:

Hi @Nerves123, I totally understand where you're coming from with feeling uncomfortable with photos and videos of myself. It can be really daunting if it isn't something that you are used to. The interviewers will also understand that applicants may not be used to a video format and they will be focusing on the information and experience you have demonstrated in your video, rather than how comfortable you are with being filmed. They will know that it is natural for applicants to be nervous in an interview setting.

I can reassure you that you definitely will not have looked 'a fool'. It's clear that you are taking your application and the course seriously from the questions that you have asked on this thread and this will show on the video that you have submitted.

Have you heard back about your interview yet? As Rosie mentioned in her answer, you will definitely hear back either way.

Thanks,
Emily (Sheffield Hallam Rep)
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Nerves123, I totally understand where you're coming from with feeling uncomfortable with photos and videos of myself. It can be really daunting if it isn't something that you are used to. The interviewers will also understand that applicants may not be used to a video format and they will be focusing on the information and experience you have demonstrated in your video, rather than how comfortable you are with being filmed. They will know that it is natural for applicants to be nervous in an interview setting.

I can reassure you that you definitely will not have looked 'a fool'. It's clear that you are taking your application and the course seriously from the questions that you have asked on this thread and this will show on the video that you have submitted.

Have you heard back about your interview yet? As Rosie mentioned in her answer, you will definitely hear back either way.

Thanks,
Emily (Sheffield Hallam Rep)

The video is the pre-curser to being offered a full interview.
I haven’t done the video yet; I’m trying to find out what criteria I’m meant to cover in the video for 2 minutes.
The video is the pre-curser to being offered a full interview.
I haven’t done the video yet; I’m trying to find out what criteria I’m meant to cover in the video for 2 minutes.

@Nerves123 I have had a look at this site: https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-and-midwifery/bsc-honours-midwifery/full-time/ which is the official place for Sheffield Hallam University Midwifery Course information, and it stated:

"If your application is shortlisted you will be required to complete an additional task before being considered to attend an interview. This task is to produce and submit a 2 minute (maximum) video answering the following questions:

Tell us what you know about Midwifery, and why do you want to join this profession?"

So all you need to do is explain what you know about midwifery then if I were you I would link what you say to why you then want to join that profession. For example, you could say something like, 'I know midwives help expectant mums feel more at ease and this makes me want to be part of this profession because I have done work previously helping people feel at ease in difficult situations and I feel that it is very rewarding'.

Hope this helps, and good luck :smile:

- Rosie

ive just submitted my application what kind of things did you talk about in your 2 minute video

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending