The Student Room Group

Worried - Accidentally included footnotes in my coursework word count!!

Hi :frown:

I have just realised that i accidentally included footnotes in the word count of one of my coursework essays (which i handed in on the 9th November). I only realised my mistake as my second essay was handed in on friday and i needed to check how many words my previous essay was. Now i am panicking, what will happen? :s-smilie:

It's not like i have gone over the word limit, but i don't want to look like i have lied about how many words i had written.
Reply 1
Original post by Aurora.Rose

I have just realised that i accidentally included footnotes in the word count of one of my coursework essays (which i handed in on the 9th November). I only realised my mistake as my second essay was handed in on friday and i needed to check how many words my previous essay was. Now i am panicking, what will happen? :s-smilie:

It's not like i have gone over the word limit, but i don't want to look like i have lied about how many words i had written.

Don't your teachers mark the coursework? Can't you let them know before it gets sent off for external moderation?
Reply 2
Original post by hanz1234
Don't your teachers mark the coursework? Can't you let them know before it gets sent off for external moderation?

I'm not sure when they send it off, hopefully they can change it :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure cw is provisionally marked by the teachers and then a selection of it is sent off to be double checked.

If you explain, I'm sure they will let you correct it. Nothing awful 'would happen' if you didn't sort it. If you had a lot of foot notes, you might want to prepare some more material to increase your word count.

Hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Aurora.Rose

Nothing to worry about, if it is not over the limit it has virtually no impact on grading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending