The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist training programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I was actually thinking of applying for this program next year, (currently a 2nd year biomedical student), prefrebly for heamotology! but they dont even have any vacancies for it this year...dont know if it'll turn up in 2014 :confused:

Never thought it would actually be this competitive! :eek: Might be tough for me considering I have no experience and having no luck in finding a work experience place too :frown:

Anyways Good luck to you guys! :biggrin:
Reply 81
Original post by sofiaparimehndi
Twinkle... what are u applying for? I'm learning so much from this forum... crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, i dunno..what I'm applying for..? (lol)
Possibly for the physiology...

I know, same here.. but I guess the more we know the better :smile:
Especially, if something is tough...
Reply 82
Original post by 2468
I was actually thinking of applying for this program next year, (currently a 2nd year biomedical student), prefrebly for heamotology! but they dont even have any vacancies for it this year...dont know if it'll turn up in 2014 :confused:

Never thought it would actually be this competitive! :eek: Might be tough for me considering I have no experience and having no luck in finding a work experience place too :frown:

Experiences don't really matter too much, its desirable. There were people who got into this course straight after undergrad. which shows its all about how dedicated you are and if you have the personal spec. that matches what they are looking for. So, in order to do well in this selection procedure you need a really good score in the aptitude test (Important) and have a decent personal statement (ans to the Qs). And in the interview they mainly going to ask Qs based on what you wrote down for those Qs.
Original post by 0-Cool
Experiences don't really matter too much, its desirable. There were people who got into this course straight after undergrad. which shows its all about how dedicated you are and if you have the personal spec. that matches what they are looking for. So, in order to do well in this selection procedure you need a really good score in the aptitude test (Important) and have a decent personal statement (ans to the Qs). And in the interview they mainly going to ask Qs based on what you wrote down for those Qs.

Have u applied before or u saying this from research?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2468

They do expand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Have u applied before or u saying this from research?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It purely from research, its my first time applying.
Original post by 0-Cool
It purely from research, its my first time applying.

Snap..
I don't understand why there is not info on the nhs stp tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Heyy guys :smile:

Was just wondering....anywhere on the appication, etc does it ask you what your applying for and to explain in detail why you've made this choice??

Please let me now, thanks x
Original post by Twinkle K
Heyy guys :smile:

Was just wondering....anywhere on the appication, etc does it ask you what your applying for and to explain in detail why you've made this choice??

Please let me now, thanks x

Asks you y.. have u not had a look for it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asks you y.. have u not had a look for it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean had a look at it yet....?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by 0-Cool

They do expand...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay really...thats great then, gives me some hope!
By the way how long does the actual application take? You can go back to the ques later cant you or are the essay ques timed?!
Reply 91
I mean had a look at it yet....?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No Sofia... I meant they ask you why your applying to the chosen field, but then don't you have to do this three times?? As we have three options :s-smilie:

Urghh :confused:
Reply 92
Original post by 2468
By the way how long does the actual application take? You can go back to the ques later cant you or are the essay ques timed?!

Many of the training posts have historically been filled by internal candidates so I think relevant experience is quite important to an extent.
Reply 93
Original post by drpepe
Many of the training posts have historically been filled by internal candidates so I think relevant experience is quite important to an extent.

oh damn! not sure how I am suppose to get work experience when thier not willing to take me on in the first place due to 'limited resources' :confused:
Reply 94
Original post by 2468
oh damn! not sure how I am suppose to get work experience when thier not willing to take me on in the first place due to 'limited resources' :confused:

Well it's not right to say every position goes to someone with experience, but i know lots of people get into clinical scientist training from technical roles within the dept or with PhDs
Original post by 2468

U can go back to it...but it times out in 45mins... if u don't save it in 45mins u loose ur work but the application page won't tell u that... it just stays the same....yeh this year Birmingham has a few more spaces than before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Twinkle K
No Sofia... I meant they ask you why your applying to the chosen field, but then don't you have to do this three times?? As we have three options :s-smilie:

Urghh :confused:

Well I'm only applying for one specialty so cant say...they would probz ask in the interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing the practice questions and I'm not gona lie they are hard.... has anyone else tried...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2468

Welll... true....I got a job in NHS as an assistant so it helped... they do ask for nhs experience... but I've heard people got on after graduating.... so I'm confused... maybe they did q gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Anyone done the online tests I think I have failed the logic wasn't too bad but the numerical reasoning was nowhere near as easy as the practice questions I never finished it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending