The Student Room Group

What can I do after a biomedicine degree apprenticeship?

Hello! I was wondering what my options are in terms of jobs and further studying after undertaking a degree apprenticeship in biomedicine please? What masters and PhDs can you do with that degree? And what jobs can you go into? Is there a possibility of getting your masters funded? Many thanks
Original post by anonymousmoose
Hello! I was wondering what my options are in terms of jobs and further studying after undertaking a degree apprenticeship in biomedicine please? What masters and PhDs can you do with that degree? And what jobs can you go into? Is there a possibility of getting your masters funded? Many thanks

Hi

Hope you're well. As per my knowledge, biomedical science graduates are in high demand in healthcare sector across the UK. The common employers of biomedical sciences graduates include:
1. Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
2. Medical Research Council (MRC)
3. NHS, including NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT)
4. UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
So, try applying for jobs in these organisations.
You can also work in pathology and research laboratories in private sector hospitals.
In terms of masters and phD, yes, you can go for masters in biomedical science offered by every university here. As phD includes choosing a specific project of your interest, it solely depends on you. Hope this helps:smile:.

Kind regards
Hello,

Biomedical Science is an incredibly broad degree, the main reason I chose it! I'm a third year student myself and have decided that becoming a Biomedical Scientist is not for me anymore, instead I'm doing a masters in Data Science and Applied Analytics and have spoken to employers and academics who believe that both the healthcare and technology combination is a great niche to have!
Therefore, the opportunities for Biomedical Science are endless and it's a great degree to have, even if you don't want to become a Biomedical Scientist. After my masters I'm also thinking of applying for the Scientist Training Programme, I hope this helps!

Original post by anonymousmoose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending