The Student Room Group

What can I do with Healthcare Science (audiology) at Middlesex?

Do you become an audiologist after completing the undergraduate degree of healthcare science audiology and if not, do I need to do a further post grad course?
Any help on this topic would highly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Thank you for your reply, so at the end of this course , would o be working as an audiologist or would I be required to do a further course. Iveread through the link and it states something about an nhs programme - is that the same as the degree course ?
Original post by confuzzled786
Thank you for your reply, so at the end of this course , would o be working as an audiologist or would I be required to do a further course. Iveread through the link and it states something about an nhs programme - is that the same as the degree course ?

I dont know. I would have to look it up but no time at the moment.

I suggest you read this website and then contact these people if your questions remain unanswered.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/healthcare-scientist-audiology
https://www.baaudiology.org/

Go and talk to your uni careers adviser as well.

By the end of the degree, you'll be able to work as an audiologist without further training, as your degree includes the 50 weeks worth of placements.
Original post by jamiejay
By the end of the degree, you'll be able to work as an audiologist without further training, as your degree includes the 50 weeks worth of placements.

Okay thank you, so does it matter wether or not the course is accredited?
Reply 6
Do you become an audiologist after completing the undergraduate degree of healthcare science audiology and if not, do I need to do a further post grad course?
Any help on this topic would highly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi just wanted to ask what grades did you achieve to get onto the audiology course at Middlesex and also was your class full/big?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending