The Student Room Group

In big trouble at university (set off fire alarm)

So basically there was a student event on at my university's SU bar. I got a little drunk and I did something really silly. As you come out of the toilets there is a fire alarm. The glass was completely broken and I smacked my hand against it and it went off. The uni took my details and such and I have no clue as to what they're going to do do to me, saying I have a meeting with them during the week
You won't get excluded that's for sure, probably just a disciplinary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that was silly. Was it deliberate?
If the glass was already smashed when you pressed it then just say you leant on the button or something because you felt dizzy. They can't really argue with that if they knew you'd had a lot to drink.
Reply 4
Was the glass smashed by you, or already like that? If it was an accident, explain. If not, apologise, say you had drunk too much and that you will pay for any damage. I highly doubt they are going to take any action against you apart from a verbal warning maybe, and charge you if you caused damage.
Reply 5
Original post by Em8980
Was the glass smashed by you, or already like that? If it was an accident, explain. If not, apologise, say you had drunk too much and that you will pay for any damage. I highly doubt they are going to take any action against you apart from a verbal warning maybe, and charge you if you caused damage.

Already smashed
You'll be fine then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Already smashed

And so were you!
Reply 8
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Already smashed

Well then you could just say, like an above poster suggested, that you didn't mean to hit it?
If the glass was already partly broken it would be on a hair trigger so just say you leant on it by accident or something.
Reply 10
I'd argue that it was inevitable if the glass was already broken and the fact the university left it so was a health and safety risk. Or you could just apologise, offer to pay for any damage caused and hope everything goes your way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending