The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Swapping accommodations

Hi guys, i got assigned into rootes for my warwick freshers accommodation, i’m not really a noisy person and i’m not really a party person so i really really prefer an Ensuit. Please let me know if ur willing to swap, thank you so much!!!!!!
Last year my son had been allocated to Rootes and it was his last option . He was also not a party person and he couldn’t get any en-suite room either . He opted out and booked in Oaks . Which is 10-15 mins walk from University.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I am considering booking the Oaks but am a bit unsure. How easy did your son find making friends there? I've also heard a lot of bad reviews about the staff barging into rooms and the fire alarms going off loads.
Original post by Anonymous
Last year my son had been allocated to Rootes and it was his last option . He was also not a party person and he couldn’t get any en-suite room either . He opted out and booked in Oaks . Which is 10-15 mins walk from University.
My son never had such issues . Fire alarms are regular but not that bad. My son has found few good friends there . Do check the oaks and see it for yourself , it will help in giving you the right perspective.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I am considering booking the Oaks but am a bit unsure. How easy did your son find making friends there? I've also heard a lot of bad reviews about the staff barging into rooms and the fire alarms going off loads.

Hi! I've lived at the Oaks for 2 years and loved it! The staff are super friendly and are basically like a second family to me now :smile: And it is easy to make friends there because there are a lot of social/study spaces and they do loads of events. But any accommodation experience is basically what you make of it :smile: But, yes the fire alarms were going off loads in the B block.

I am looking for a tenancy replacement for you my Oaks bronze studio (in A block with no crazy fire alarms!) for this coming academic year as I'm (hopefully!) moving in with a friend to save some money. So if you're interested let me know! :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest