The Student Room Group

Never, I repeat, NEVER ,go with Campbell Property

I went with Campbell, due to my friends recommending it. It had a huge amount of problems, it was dirty when we moved in, and despite leaving it in a far better condition than when we found it, they are charging me, and the lone other housemate (the other two decided not to come back to uni), £150 for "cleaning". When I questioned this (as of now, two weeks ago), there was no response, leading me to question again a week ago. No response

The problems ranged from annoyances (oven symbols completely worn off, stickers everywhere from previous occupants, split beanbag outside which made all the pellets fly everywhere), to disturbances (fire alarm placement was bizarre, they were incredibly sensitive, and positioned directly above the oven and hob. This was to the point they could go off if you made toast. One of the heating elements of the oven didnt work, so it would take twice the amount of time to cook something, but by that point the top would be burnt. One of the cupboards had its arm shattered, so it wouldnt stay open, and the freezer froze the fridge half of the time), to something dangerous (front door was incredibly flimsy, and would stick, not shutting properly, and the lock broke the day after I moved in, leading to me paying over £300 to fix it, as their Emergency Contact didnt respond).

I believe they are trying to get the £300 back, after we made them pay us back for the door breaking. This also took months, and they stopped responding to me, leading to my housemate having to chase them up

All in all

Their houses are expensive, but have a huge amount of issues
They will rarely fix anything, and it will take months
They wouldnt always tell you about visitors (breaking contract)
It will be dirty (or sometimes mouldy, we had both) when you move in
They will try and charge you a large amount for nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending