The Student Room Group

Luxury jobs

I'm looking in getting into working for a luxury brand most of the jobs say gucci for intense will say that I would need have experience on the leather and have worked in a luxury brand job befor,where do you suggest I start ?
Reply 1
Don't get it.

Hair forum, perfume brand, asking about leather.
Do you have any experience of working in any sort of fashion environment? If not I'd suggest starting there.
Reply 3
Original post by parpirate
Do you have any experience of working in any sort of fashion environment? If not I'd suggest starting there.

So I should apply for places like House of fraiser or selfridges before I get into high end fashion stores?
Original post by BritBoyWonder
So I should apply for places like House of fraiser or selfridges before I get into high end fashion stores?

I would imagine they'd look more favourably on someone who has demonstrated a desire to work in fashion, even at high street retail level, rather than someone whose woken up one day and decided they want to work for a top end designer.

I study engineering so I'm certainly not an expert in the area however I do know that I wouldn't be given a job as a project manager without working in lower down jobs first. I'm sure the same applies in fashion, those who can prove their ability get the better jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest