The Student Room Group

Waitress trial shift advice please

Hello!
I have a trial shift at a restaurant for a waitress role this week.
This is my first ever trial shift and would be my first job. I'm really nervous as I have no experience and the restaurant looks fancy.

How do I impress if I am shadowing someone and does anyone have any other advice in general to help calm the nerves?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by gracetea
Hello!
I have a trial shift at a restaurant for a waitress role this week.
This is my first ever trial shift and would be my first job. I'm really nervous as I have no experience and the restaurant looks fancy.

How do I impress if I am shadowing someone and does anyone have any other advice in general to help calm the nerves?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Just smile and be friendly to customers, say hello and if there’s anything else they need but I’d ask the person you’re shadowing whether they want you to get involved straightaway or just observe at first :smile:
Good luck
- Be friendly, open and smile
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Ask if you're not sure about anything
- Don't try to pick up too many plates even if others are carrying more than you, better to only carry one in each hand at first than risk dropping everything cause it's too heavy or not secure
- Don't just stand around if you find yourself at a bit of a lose end, always ask if there's anything you can do
Reply 3
Original post by S.carter
Just smile and be friendly to customers, say hello and if there’s anything else they need but I’d ask the person you’re shadowing whether they want you to get involved straightaway or just observe at first :smile:
Good luck

I got the job whoooo !!
Reply 4
Original post by bones-mccoy
- Be friendly, open and smile
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Ask if you're not sure about anything
- Don't try to pick up too many plates even if others are carrying more than you, better to only carry one in each hand at first than risk dropping everything cause it's too heavy or not secure
- Don't just stand around if you find yourself at a bit of a lose end, always ask if there's anything you can do

I got the job whoooo !
I got the job whoooo !

Congrats!
I got the job whoooo !
i have mine on monday for a luxury resturant my clients are bank people, what did you like do, i dont know if theyll assume for me to just do stuff i dont know what i would do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending