The Student Room Group

Girls do you see someone who works as a Security Officer as decent social status?

I mean would you regard a guy who worked such a job as having a reasonable job/social status or not so?
A better question is whether girls care about perceived "social status" or not in the first place. Quite an assumption to make!
Reply 2
Who cares about social status if you have a lousy personality?
I'm a guy, but I'll answer:-

It's "decent" on the grounds that it's a legitimate job that pays reasonably well. If you're asking whether or not girls are going to be impressed by this?... well that's relative. It's "decent" compared to being unemployed, illegal* or really menial work; but it's unlikely to compare to your standard office / management type work.

Even a "security officer" can encounter many different scenarios... For example, a night watchman of a building is very different to a supermarket security guard, which again is different from a nightclub doorman (although the people I know who do the latter do very well with women... but there's also a significantly higher level of danger).

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I'm a guy, but I'll answer:-

It's "decent" on the grounds that it's a legitimate job that pays reasonably well. If you're asking whether or not girls are going to be impressed by this?... well that's relative. It's "decent" compared to being unemployed, illegal* or really menial work; but it's unlikely to compare to your standard office / management type work.

Even a "security officer" can encounter many different scenarios... For example, a night watchman of a building is very different to a supermarket security guard, which again is different from a nightclub doorman (although the people I know who do the latter do very well with women... but there's also a significantly higher level of danger).

Spoiler

Yeah, that's it really I guess, will they be all that impressed if a guy is a Security Officer?

By Security Officer, not really one that works in a Supermarket but more one that works in a Residential building dealing with the Residents.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
A better question is whether girls care about perceived "social status" or not in the first place. Quite an assumption to make!

My impression is that they tend to, particularly the more prettier they are since as the saying many of those girls say, 'I know what I'm worth'. Girls may even be seen as 'Status Snobs' that's the impression I get of many girls.
For the girls who emphasize a male date's social status, believe in smv or have dating preferences connected with job roles/social status/prestigious backgrounds- it's more a question of whether the work role is compatible with their dealbreakers.
As regards being perceived by them as impressive or sufficiently compatible with their basic dealbreakers.

Does working security refer to the context of security for a warehouse, nightclub, supermarket or airport? :confused:
Or a bodyguard working at a private security agency that focuses upon providing expensive private security teams to celebrities, retired politicans or vip families with young relatives who could be targets of kidnappers/perverts/terrorists/stalkers.
Original post by artful_lounger

Original post by Anonymous
My impression is that they tend to, particularly the more prettier they are since as the saying many of those girls say, 'I know what I'm worth'. Girls may even be seen as 'Status Snobs' that's the impression I get of many girls.

Well attraction isn't about just one thing (at least it shouldn't be). It's a combination of all sorts of things about you that determining your "worth" or "Social Market Value". Things like your looks /vibes, personality/ character and other assets about you will all contribute in their own ways.

The way I see it, the dating game is almost like applying for a job (but without the scary people in dark suits lol). Everything about you that makes you attractive / desirable is a bit like your CV. Just to keep things simple, consider each of your attributes like grades in GCSE subjects. Fair enough, you might only get a "C" in occupation, but I dunno... maybe you get a "B" in looks which could compensate for it. On the other hand, if you had a "D" in looks, then that may be also be compensated for a "B" in Charm / likeability, as well as a "C" in health etc. etc.

The girl you're approaching is like the employer, who will be looking for particular attributes. For example a person who is into their looks is far more likely to place a heavy importance on how their fella looks. On the other hand, another may be less focused on aesthetics and more interested in having deep conversations or lots of banter... or even just able to fund a life of luxury for her. It's all about how well you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria that she's after... as well as how well you measure up to the other guys that are interested in her.

Look at everything you've potentially got to offer women as a whole package; don't just rely on one thing.
Reply 8
Yeah, that's it really I guess, will they be all that impressed if a guy is a Security Officer?

By Security Officer, not really one that works in a Supermarket but more one that works in a Residential building dealing with the Residents.

A lot of organisations define that as a Security Guard, not a Security Officer; the former being the person in the frontline location, the latter as a managerial role that deals with training, schedules and overall procedures etc.
Reply 9

How many girls is 'many', or is this the Thick Tok bunch who just post for likes and try to be special?

However, a lot of people, men and women, know their self-worth, which means they won't let themselves be messed around or put down by others.
A job is a job. Honestly, who cares?
And if they do, they're not worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending