The Student Room Group

What Programming Course should I do?

So I decided I want to go to uni in my mid 20's fairly late but im not sure which course to do. I want to leanr how to Program in the likes of C/C++ but not for Games more for software, I know I want to do my master in Ethical Hacking and if or this I know I would need a good solid background in some sort of programming but I am stuck on which course I should do since most programming courses are for Games.

Would software engineering be the course for me? or Computer Forensics? what about plain old Computer Science?

Thanks for the help.
If I were interested in an Ethical Hacking MSc I'm not sure that I would do Software Engineering at undergrad - it'll certainly equip you with a great set of skills, many of which I'm sure would come in handy. But I get the feeling that it might be seen as a bit of a change of direction to then go into Ethical Hacking.
Computer Forensics could definitely be a tempting option, if not then good old Computer Science would give you a broad overview into various aspects of Computing as a whole.
If you do decide to go for Computer Science it might be worthwhile trying to find a course that incorporates modules you think will be useful for the kind of skills you want to develop. Good luck with this anyway. :smile:
Reply 2
Well I want to Program by that I mean Compilable code C/C++ rather than Web based code JavaScript/PHP/ASP.
Reply 3
Original post by definity
Well I want to Program by that I mean Compilable code C/C++ rather than Web based code JavaScript/PHP/ASP.

Good luck!

I've been trying to find something like that (C/C++, OS, algorithms, good ol' CS), only with a distance learning option, but to no luck. All the possibilities are full of this modern crap web programming and project handling and how IT affects the modern society... I'm very disappointed...

If you run into anything with a distance learning option, could you please post the link here or in my mailbox, please?

Thank you.
Reply 4
I know exactly my point. I want to go to Uni to learn a skill but it turns out we have to learn a mixture of skills. Very annoying.

Any one else know of any C courses?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending