The Student Room Group

What to do??

Hey all, so iv been tryna get a job for months now.
I quit my last job at teleperformance on the 7th of feb cos I wasn't doing well in it and since then Iv had 9 job interviews but not got any of them :'(.
I make effort for them dress up smartly and everything but maybe I don't say enough and don't know what to say for some qs or say the wrong thing.
I feel like they don't think that I;'ll stick around or think that m a bad worker or just don't like me.
Am I gonna have to beg for a job now?
I'v got a degree in computer science but it's 3 yrs old now and not getting me anywhere. I can only do a junior html programming job preferably working from home but they always want more.
But if I go for jobs with aren't related to it then they think that m not gonna stick around.
But now I feel like I don't care what job I do. I just want any job. So what should I do? what's wrong with me?
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all, so iv been tryna get a job for months now.
I quit my last job at teleperformance on the 7th of feb cos I wasn't doing well in it and since then Iv had 9 job interviews but not got any of them :'(.
I make effort for them dress up smartly and everything but maybe I don't say enough and don't know what to say for some qs or say the wrong thing.
I feel like they don't think that I;'ll stick around or think that m a bad worker or just don't like me.
Am I gonna have to beg for a job now?
I'v got a degree in computer science but it's 3 yrs old now and not getting me anywhere. I can only do a junior html programming job preferably working from home but they always want more.
But if I go for jobs with aren't related to it then they think that m not gonna stick around.
But now I feel like I don't care what job I do. I just want any job. So what should I do? what's wrong with me?

Job searching isn't easy. A lot of companies select their candidates very carefully. It can lead to extreme competition and companies being very picky. That's why a lot of the time you can get rejected because of reasons that are nothing to do with you. It's just something that you have to accept. It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with you. We live in a s*** shallow hierarchical western society and no one is guaranteed to get a job.

Try to ask for feedback if possible. A lot of companies are not willing to give feeback because of large amount of applications that they receive or because of other reasons, however, some companies might give you constructive feedback and tell you what you need to work on specifically. A computer science degree is good but if you really would like to get into programming then you should do some kind of self-paced programming courses and try to upskill a little. Knowing basic HTML is not gonna be enough as you have recognized. If you ever want to actually get into programming, my advice would be to start with either Java or Python, because they are the most popular programming languages and highly sought after by employers. After completing these coding bootcamps you should be equipped with skills to work as an entry-level software engineer or similar. You don't even need a degree to be a programmer.
Original post by username6136047
Job searching isn't easy. A lot of companies select their candidates very carefully. It can lead to extreme competition and companies being very picky. That's why a lot of the time you can get rejected because of reasons that are nothing to do with you. It's just something that you have to accept. It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with you. We live in a s*** shallow hierarchical western society and no one is guaranteed to get a job.

Try to ask for feedback if possible. A lot of companies are not willing to give feeback because of large amount of applications that they receive or because of other reasons, however, some companies might give you constructive feedback and tell you what you need to work on specifically. A computer science degree is good but if you really would like to get into programming then you should do some kind of self-paced programming courses and try to upskill a little. Knowing basic HTML is not gonna be enough as you have recognized. If you ever want to actually get into programming, my advice would be to start with either Java or Python, because they are the most popular programming languages and highly sought after by employers. After completing these coding bootcamps you should be equipped with skills to work as an entry-level software engineer or similar. You don't even need a degree to be a programmer.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending