The Student Room Group

Advanced Cyber Security MSc by KCL

I'm an international student with a BSc in CS, with couple of years in the industry (I work as a web developer). I'm looking to pursue my higher education without loosing my job! 😅

l'm familiar with the US standard, where an online program from nationally ranked universities is equally respected as the on campus option. Does the same rule apply in the UK? Would an online MSc from a good university be equal to the traditional option? What constitutes a good university?

I know that in the US, computer science programs should be ABET accredited, but I'm not sure what accreditations should such programs have in the UK..

I have applied for multiple programs in the UK. However, the program I prefer is the online MSc in Advanced Cyber Security by KCL. Any reviews about this specific program?

would online programs qualify me for a PhD later on (in the UK)? If you are not sure, where can I check?

and for my final question 😅, if you were in my shoes, would you take the online degree or would you wait and take the traditional on campus option?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi buddy, I don't know whether it would be good or bad or something. I would be studying this degree in September.

After paying the deposit and settling the required documents, I got msc acs handbooks, kcl postgraduate handbooks, program handbook (security engineering), reading list plus timetable.
I am quite happy at least they offer the webinar every week.

Note that, they generally making the courses only 7 weeks long, which is a little bit different from the traditional f2f one. Btw, the curriculum is basically the same as f2f one, which is msc cyber security.
Hiwhat is your review after one year?
Reply 3
Hey, what opinion do you have about the program? Are you happy there? Regards.
Reply 4
Original post by theminus
I'm an international student with a BSc in CS, with couple of years in the industry (I work as a web developer). I'm looking to pursue my higher education without loosing my job! 😅
l'm familiar with the US standard, where an online program from nationally ranked universities is equally respected as the on campus option. Does the same rule apply in the UK? Would an online MSc from a good university be equal to the traditional option? What constitutes a good university?
I know that in the US, computer science programs should be ABET accredited, but I'm not sure what accreditations should such programs have in the UK..
I have applied for multiple programs in the UK. However, the program I prefer is the online MSc in Advanced Cyber Security by KCL. Any reviews about this specific program?
would online programs qualify me for a PhD later on (in the UK)? If you are not sure, where can I check?
and for my final question 😅, if you were in my shoes, would you take the online degree or would you wait and take the traditional on campus option?

Would you mind to share your learning experience in Msc Adv cyber security in KCL to me please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending