The Student Room Group

Are dominant girls sexy?

I hear alot of talk, mainly on the internet, of men supposedly loving girls who are shy, "feminine" and submissive. Suffice to say, it's confusing. It would make this sound like those girls are there for the taking, but they actually aren't.

I was wondering if dominant girls are found to be sexier? Girls who have it all together, from looks to their career/education and carry themselves so well in all situations. Not talking about a "perfect girl" but just a strong one, and one who knows herself and her own mind, and acts on it.

If a girl like that did come along, but she'd be willing to relent and be weak for you alone, then surely that's better yeah?
Reply 1
I think most men could have both fantasies, but most of my friends' ideal girlfriends would be feminine, somewhat demure and sort of submissive I guess. I think it has to do with age as well though. I think that people in their mid-20s and up might prefer someone who is all sorted in life, but for people under 25, a lot of whom haven't got their lives figured out yet, someone that confident and dominant and clear in their career could be a bit intimidating for the other person and bring out the other person's own insecurities.

But dominant / submissive in terms of sex are very different to personalities. I don't think confidence is ever a turn off unless it becomes arrogance. When people say they want a submissive girlfriend, it may just mean they want to take change in sex, it may not mean they actually want someone shy and obedient.

I'm not sure if I've understood your question tbh.
(edited 11 years ago)
I love dominant girls. Also, you've roped the word 'feminine' in with submissive, which doesn't follow IMO. Dominant girls can just as equally be feminine.
Did I say you could make this thread? :colonhash:
Reply 4
I've never understood why people think guys are looking for some concept of a "perfect girl".
Original post by sugar-n-spice

:rofl:

lol
Reply 6
Sure, some guys like dominant girls. I heard whilst watching a Channel 4 documentary on phone sex that it's usually the most dominant men that like dominant girls because it fills that need in their life.
Reply 7
Original post by RichyFrench
I love dominant girls. Also, you've roped the word 'feminine' in with submissive, which doesn't follow IMO. Dominant girls can just as equally be feminine.

Yeah I don't agree that there are the same, either. A dominant girl would obviously be in full control of her own feminine power.

So sorry m'lady. :smile:

Original post by nicatre
I've never understood why people think guys are looking for some concept of a "perfect girl".

They aren't looking. But I've seen the mistake made, countless times, where a guy will get into a relationship with a girl and start kidding himself into believing that she's the most perfect girl in the world. Caught up in the whole "I'm in love" thing. I reckon that's where things can go wrong.
Theres this one girl in my college who is absolutely stunning , from the moment she walked in my class I was like woahh :eek:. But there are genuinely quite a few babes at my college so it was easy to just set her aside as I knew I wouldnt have a chance with that . As I got to know her she became so much more attractive , shes sassy ,one of the most intelligent people in all of my classes , she walks like she hasnt got time for anyone and genuinely has alot of attitude and it drives me crazy , shes a godess.
Reply 9
I find dominant girls sexy :colone:
I think I have a quite dominant personality and I like it when I'm challenged. Sometimes if you're with someone who just accepts most of the things you say then it just gets boring fast.
Reply 10
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Theres this one girl in my college who is absolutely stunning , from the moment she walked in my class I was like woahh :eek:. But there are genuinely quite a few babes at my college so it was easy to just set her aside as I knew I wouldnt have a chance with that . As I got to know her she became so much more attractive , shes sassy ,one of the most intelligent people in all of my classes , she walks like she hasnt got time for anyone and genuinely has alot of attitude and it drives me crazy , shes a godess.

This thread is actually inspired by a girl.

She hasn't exactly got the "I'm too good for you" swagger, because she doesn't need it, lol. People take her word as gospel. Guys who are normally *******s turn on the whole nice guy act for her. She's incredible.

This is what she says about herself...
Most loyal person you will ever meet, very independant - a total Capricorn, confident, strong willed, can keep my calm in all situations, hard working - Im very driven and love to graft usually working up to 5 jobs and at uni! Career focused, I like to be in charge, Im bossy, determined, subborn, but honest. I dislike Idle people. I love long relationships and hate playing games. Love all my friends and would do anything for them and they would do the same for me. Im a realist not a dreamer and I know to be successful in this world you need to work bloody hard for it - nothing worthwhile comes easy. Very good sense of humour, will do anything for a laugh or to make ppl smile. I like to get my own way, probs b'coz im a only child! Romantic and very protective of people in my life. Love cosy nights in with a dvd and cuddles with somebody special.

She's a social butterfly on nights out, also. The fact that she doesn't mention nights out, nightclubs, a genre of music or the b word in there are things I also like.
Original post by Dark Horse
This thread is actually inspired by a girl.

She hasn't exactly got the "I'm too good for you" swagger, because she doesn't need it, lol. People take her word as gospel. Guys who are normally *******s turn on the whole nice guy act for her. She's incredible.

This is what she says about herself...
Most loyal person you will ever meet, very independant - a total Capricorn, confident, strong willed, can keep my calm in all situations, hard working - Im very driven and love to graft usually working up to 5 jobs and at uni! Career focused, I like to be in charge, Im bossy, determined, subborn, but honest. I dislike Idle people. I love long relationships and hate playing games. Love all my friends and would do anything for them and they would do the same for me. Im a realist not a dreamer and I know to be successful in this world you need to work bloody hard for it - nothing worthwhile comes easy. Very good sense of humour, will do anything for a laugh or to make ppl smile. I like to get my own way, probs b'coz im a only child! Romantic and very protective of people in my life. Love cosy nights in with a dvd and cuddles with somebody special.

She's a social butterfly on nights out, also. The fact that she doesn't mention nights out, nightclubs, a genre of music or the b word in there are things I also like.

Woahh , she sounds like a keeper :wink: . She sounds like a dream girl , go for it bro . Let your feelings known rather then living with regret of what could have been.
Reply 12

Brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Dark Horse
They aren't looking. But I've seen the mistake made, countless times, where a guy will get into a relationship with a girl and start kidding himself into believing that she's the most perfect girl in the world. Caught up in the whole "I'm in love" thing. I reckon that's where things can go wrong.

That's true. People who end up with a sort of pseudo-perfect vision of their partner are a bit weird. The best way is to have an honest and real idea of what they're like :smile: so much more interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending