The Student Room Group

What to say at hairdressers?! MEN

I'm 17 with relatively short brown curly hair, I've asked for the same thing at the Barbers since I was about 7 (number 8 all over). I want to get it cut at a proper hairdressers but I am unsure what to say when I go in.

I don't just wanna say 'short back and sides', because i'd like it styled in at least someway it doesn't have to be obvious just something slightly different to normal.

Just wondering what you guys say when you go and how you hope it to look after saying, thanks
Reply 1
If you're going to an actual salon, and have no idea quite how you want it, just tell them you just want it tidying up... Potentially hint at a particular length. Hair Stylists always have a great idea of how to do your hair.

Alternatively you could also find a picture online of how you would like your hair, and show it to them when you get there :smile:

I'm also 17 with shortish brown hair, and it looks amazing just letting my stylist do as they wish :smile: Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Robbiie11
I'm 17 with relatively short brown curly hair, I've asked for the same thing at the Barbers since I was about 7 (number 8 all over). I want to get it cut at a proper hairdressers but I am unsure what to say when I go in.

I don't just wanna say 'short back and sides', because i'd like it styled in at least someway it doesn't have to be obvious just something slightly different to normal.

Just wondering what you guys say when you go and how you hope it to look after saying, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always take a picture. That way the hairdressers knows exactly what you want and you can also say 'I want something like this but with a [variation]' like a shorter fringe or no fringe or whatever you want. Google the style you want and you can probably find a pic as close as possible to what you want.
Reply 3
Can you tell me the names of some normal short styles so i know what to say please

Quick Reply

Latest