The Student Room Group

What's happened to "Actual" relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phunky_fresh
I hear you. Since I was about 14 I've pretty much been the same. I don't date for the sake of it, I've never kissed a guy on the first date, I don't plan on having sex with just anyone. I'm 23 now by the way, I often feel like I'm weird sometimes because my morals are so different to the people around me. I am quite traditional in a sense, I prefer a guy to court me, go on some dates, get to know each other for a while with the view of getting into a relationship and taking it from there. Been intimate with guys I'm in a relationship with when it felt right because I was comfortable with them and trusted them. On one occasion I almost took things a bit further with this guy I liked, I thought it would be a good idea and maybe it would help things progress into a relationship, I was wrong. I felt so uncomfortable, shut him down and regretted even considering it. Anyway it's all personal choice and what someone is comfortable with at the end of the day. Who am I to judge?

girls like you sound too expensive. why should we have to buy 3 course meals three times round just do get a kiss or some REAL ACTION.

we can't afford it in this financial climate.
Original post by United4prem
girls like you sound too expensive. why should we have to buy 3 course meals three times round just do get a kiss or some REAL ACTION.

This is great. I can't stop laughing. I rate you for that but have none left!
Reply 102
relationships are off the past. senseless shaggin' is the future. i for one am happy to embrace it.

Hmmm, it's exactly this type of mentality i'm not a fan of.

Did I say I expected him to take me out and pay for me? Did I say what the actual dates were? No I didn't. I've had dates where we've chilled, watched movies, cooked for each other, gone to the park etc. might be a bit expensive in your case.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Did I say I expected him to take me out and pay for me? Did I say what the actual dates were? No I didn't. I've had dates where we've chilled, watched movies, cooked for each other, gone to the park etc. might be a bit expensive in your case.

ok, i didn't realize you were used to lower standards of dating.
"Back in my day..."

Did you have dinner dates at the age of 13 or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending