The Student Room Group

How long have you had your laptop/computer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Had my msi since the beginning of 2010, still working like a charm.
Can we have a poll?
Reply 82
About 6 years!
Keyboard is screwed, so is touchpad, so I use a USB keyboard and mouse. Also, there is a hole in the screen, the battery life is only 35 minutes (less if I'm actually doing something) and the CD drive falls out if I turn the laptop on its side. It takes about 10 minutes to boot up too!

Despite this, its still going strong, I can still do most things on it (including football manager) and I reckon its got a few years left yet! :tongue:
I forget if I posted, Ive had my laptop 3 years soon, upgraded a lot and it runs as new now.
Reply 84
still working fine.
Is anybody a serious techie with knowledge about hardware interrupts and DPCs. I need assistance

Posted from TSR iPad
Got this Mac Pro about 10 months ago. Before that, I had a 15" MBP. Yesterday, I ordered a new 17" MBP which will replace that and be useful when I'm out :biggrin:. Tempted to get the new Mac Pro when it launches this year too :biggrin:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
Got this Mac Pro about 10 months ago. Before that, I had a 15" MBP. Yesterday, I ordered a new 17" MBP which will replace that and be useful when I'm out :biggrin:. Tempted to get the new Mac Pro when it launches this year too :biggrin:.

But you got rejected from the University of Bath.

Posted from TSR iPad
I've had my MBP for almost a year. Before that I had a Dell Studio 15 which lasted about 4 years and was still running fine until the screen fell off...
Reply 89
I've had mine for about 5 years. Planning to get a new one in summer before I go to uni as my current one shuts down randomly, unreliable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
desktop emachines 3230 10 years now , still using it for surfing .
Reply 91
I've a 13" Macbook Pro I've had 2 years now and it's still running like new! I also bought a new Samsung laptop in November there and it's running great too. :biggrin:
My laptop is 1 year 7 months :smile: I'm planning to upgrade just before I go to uni (in two years) as with personal experience, laptops don't last too long in my hands (too many downloads xD ).
My laptop is about 4.5 years old now... survived my degree with me but the trackpad is a bit iffy now. Could do with a repair but that's a lot of effort!
Reply 94
This laptop, since October 2012
Built my desktop in June of 2011. Still running smooth as butter.
Original post by anonymouse01
But you got rejected from the University of Bath.

Posted from TSR iPad

Incorrect.

With UCAS, you accept two (as firm and insurance) and reject 3, so look again.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hbk4894
title says it all really , how old is your laptop or computer , is it a new one? or quite old?

i bought my current laptop in December 2010(i think) so a few years ago now.

My laptop is 5 years old, and cost £850 new. Still runs great, just remember to clean the dust out if it starts to get hot whilst running, it's pretty much the only way a laptop can break without suffering accidental/intentional damage
I've had this laptop since the 17th Feb 2012, I think lol....
I remember that because I had to go to the newsagent near me to photocopy the long comet receipt on A3 paper for the box....

It's only had the keyboard and hard drive replaced. Quality Product, really.
Reply 99
About a year or more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending