The Student Room Group

Should I feel guilty?

I bought a new laptop for myself, and my parent wasn‘t impressed on how expensive it was.

Now I feel very guilty

The new laptop I bought is mainly for my design work and other personal projects.

I had my old laptop for a long time, and although I backed it up on a hard drive it‘s still very slow.

I have a job, I work and I used my own savings to buy the laptop.

It‘s sounds cheesy, but we only do live once and I guess I just wanted to have something to look forward too

Should I feel guilty?
If the money belonged to ur parents? Yes you should feel guilty for taking their money without their permission.

Is it your money? Then You shouldnt feel guilty. Its ur money.you worked hard for it to do what YOU like . .u don't owe anyone nothing:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I bought a new laptop for myself, and my parent wasn‘t impressed on how expensive it was.

Now I feel very guilty

The new laptop I bought is mainly for my design work and other personal projects.

I had my old laptop for a long time, and although I backed it up on a hard drive it‘s still very slow.

I have a job, I work and I used my own savings to buy the laptop.

It‘s sounds cheesy, but we only do live once and I guess I just wanted to have something to look forward too

Should I feel guilty?

The only reason I guess they would feel guilty is that maybe you did not either involve them enough in the process, or perhaps you forgot to tell them about the cost.

I got a new laptop, Dell G15-5521 SE, and it costed like 3k USD, but I involved my parents fully in the loop. They never make me feel bad about the cost, because they know that I need something heavy duty.

I hope that helps.
Reply 3
Don’t feel guilty but maybe explain what makes that computer so much better than another, and how it will make your work easier especially if you have a lot of graphics work to do with it. If it’s not in your habits to splash money around, remind them of this and tell them how pleased you are to have bought this and what good care you will take of it. Remind them that if your old laptop has lasted this long it’s because you look after things and you will continue to do so.
Don’t let guilty feelings take the pleasure out of this gift you have offered yourself,but let your parent know that it wasn’t money being thrown away but something that you had carefully thought through before doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending