The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering at Manchester and Sheffield

Hey guys

i recently got offers from all my 5 ucas choices which are from Leicester, Newcastle, Glasgow, sheffield and manchester. The offer from Manchester and Sheffield is of A A B and im confused on which one to choose as my firm choice. According to the world rankings Manchester is significantly higher than Sheffield but Sheffield has a better student satisfaction in the UK. I would like your feedback on the Student life, teaching, campus and overall image of Aerospace engineering course in each of the universities.

Thank you !
Reply 1
Personally, I'd rather try to like where I study more than the ranking - After all, if you're not enjoying things, you won't be motivated to do much with your degree years. Both universities are well up there anyway, and a good degree at most universities in engineering will serve you well.

How do you find this out? Well, going to open days is really useful. A university will likely click and you'll just want to stay there. Sometimes the facilities just inspire you. I did enjoy looking around the aerospace departments at Manchester - I haven't been to Sheffield, but it's really up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest