The Student Room Group

UK University Admissions

Hi! I have conditional offers from Loughborough, Liverpool, Strathclyde and Queen's Belfast for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, and I'm awaiting an offer from Sheffield.

I have heard good things with most of these universities, so I'm not sure which university to choose. If anyone has any idea about which is best for aerospace engineering, please can you help
Original post by _keshika._v
Hi! I have conditional offers from Loughborough, Liverpool, Strathclyde and Queen's Belfast for Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, and I'm awaiting an offer from Sheffield.
I have heard good things with most of these universities, so I'm not sure which university to choose. If anyone has any idea about which is best for aerospace engineering, please can you help

Out of the ones you have said, my personal opinion is Sheffield is clear, I have an offer from there im really considering (the other being Bath).
Original post by _keshika._v
Hi _keshika._v,
My name is Sofia and I am a 3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield. I obviously don't do Aerospace engineering, however I have friends that study it and they all really enjoy it! There are also amazing engineering facilities at Sheffield, such as the Diamond which has state-of-the art labs. The engineering department also has strong partnerships with the likes of Airbus UK, BAE Systems, Boeing, EADS, Qinetiq and Rolls-Royce and there may be opportunities to do a year in industry or a year abroad.

Congratulations on your offers, all are great unis! I think it is important when choosing a university to get a feel for the atmosphere there. For, example I chose Sheffield as it has a really friendly atmosphere and I appreciate the research-led teaching we receive. I also really love living in Sheffield. The city you will be living in for 3 or 4 years during your degree is also a really important thing to consider. I have found Sheffield has a great mix of having lots to do but also lots of green spaces to relax in and have a break from studying. For example, the Peak District is only a 20 minute drive away and I enjoy going hiking at the weekend.

I hoped this helped, and I wish you all the best with your university journey!
Sofia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest