The Student Room Group

Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences

hello

about the practical difference between Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences that exist in Europe, do potential employers value one more than the other?

btw, I dont get any feedback in my latest posts, some of which apply to Europe and not specifically UK, is there a reason for that? am I in the wrong subforum/forum?

thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by studos

btw, I dont get any feedback in my latest posts, some of which apply to Europe and not specifically UK, is there a reason for that? am I in the wrong subforum/forum?

thanks!
Yes. I've been moving your threads to International Study. Please post queries about non-UK institutions there.

Mind you you won't necessarily always get answers to your questions. It depends on whether there are people around who know. And you can't guarantee that on a UK website with mostly UK based users. Still, if there are people who know, that's where they'll be.
The way I understand it, the Applied Sciences unis do vocational courses and practical training for specific kinds of work. Therefore, if you want to get a job in that specific area, your Applied Sciences training will be useful, and will look good on your application. However, if you want to work in another area, or if you are planning to send out job applications for a range of different types of jobs, you'd probably want a normal university degree. The Applied Sciences qualification will only really be useful in one area.
Reply 3
I have never come across an indication of what you are claiming.
I mean about restrictions in getting a job, posed by the type of uni.
Any reference?
Oh right! I thought you meant what your job prospects are after graduating. Do mean getting a job while you're studying? As far as I'm aware, I think there's no restrictions at either. At the Applied Sciences unis you'll probably be encouraged to do apprenticeships or other forms of applied training, where you might get paid.

Sorry if I've misunderstood the question again, please give more information if you can!
Reply 5
No, you had understood correctly: I mean about job prospectives AFTER graduation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending