The Student Room Group

What can I do

If I go to my sixth form I would study Applied science, Btec buisness and film and video (All btecs) is there actually a point of me going
Original post by Yanis barka
If I go to my sixth form I would study Applied science, Btec buisness and film and video (All btecs) is there actually a point of me going

Yes, those are all level 3 qualifications
‘Do universities accept Applied Science BTEC?
Most unis accept BTEC applicants. As Laura confirmed to us, “All of our courses at Oxford Brookes are open to students with BTECs.” Even Russell Group universities, including the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge, recognise BTECs as part of their overall course requirements.’
https://www.whatuni.com/advice/applying-to-uni/are-btecs-as-valuable-as-a-levels/48605/#:~:text=Most%20unis%20accept%20BTEC%20applicants,of%20their%20overall%20course%20requirements.

If you are interested in a course at university, check different universities as they might have a different policy to BTEC’s.

doing btec’s is better than doing nothing
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Yes, those are all level 3 qualifications
‘Do universities accept Applied Science BTEC?
Most unis accept BTEC applicants. As Laura confirmed to us, “All of our courses at Oxford Brookes are open to students with BTECs.” Even Russell Group universities, including the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge, recognise BTECs as part of their overall course requirements.’
https://www.whatuni.com/advice/applying-to-uni/are-btecs-as-valuable-as-a-levels/48605/#:~:text=Most%20unis%20accept%20BTEC%20applicants,of%20their%20overall%20course%20requirements.

If you are interested in a course at university, check different universities as they might have a different policy to BTEC’s.

doing btec’s is better than doing nothing

Yes but the applied science is only equivalent to one A level so would universities accept someone who wants to do a science course with one science based btec
Original post by Yanis barka
Yes but the applied science is only equivalent to one A level so would universities accept someone who wants to do a science course with one science based btec

Hi @Yanis barka,

This will depend entirely on the university and the course. @BankaiGintoki's advice is sound. Many science based courses at Brookes only require one Level 3 qualification in a Science subject. There are some that will require Maths and Science and will require you to have completed them to a certain level, but there is no course at Oxford Brookes where you would be required to complete an A Level as opposed to a BTEC. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending