The Student Room Group

Seeking those with experience with a Japanese student visa

I've applied to Japan (island of Kyushu and cheaper than the more expensive major cities) for my study abroad year and I am slightly worried about the process of being issued a year-long visa.

My funds are essentially a letter from student finance stating that I am to receive a loan (approx £5800, paid all at once and before my departure), approximately £1100 of my own savings, plus monthly support from my father of roughly £200 each month (this will be paid out of his monthly income, he doesn't have it saved and he cannot hand it to me immediately).

My question is; are these likely to be accepted forms for proof of funds? The loan is guaranteed and my savings are already in my account. Is there anyway for my father to register as a guarantor or something along those lines? Would bringing my father to the meeting with proof of his monthly/yearly earnings help? I've read that proof of sponsorship is an accepted form of proof - does this include support from family members?

I pay no tuition fees for my exchange year, and the total annual rent cost is £3800 (includes deposit, utilities, etc). That leaves me with £3100 of initial funds plus the monthly payments I'll be receiving. Am likely to face any difficulty?

Thanks in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending