The Student Room Group

Applying for Student finance under a family member of a settled person

I have some questions regarding the requirements for student finance under the category of a family member of a settled person, specifically in the context of my current immigration status.

I am currently in the UK on a UK Ancestral Dependant visa under my step-dad, and by April 2024, I will have completed three years in the country.
My step-dad has recently undergone biometrics for his citizenship application under double descent, and I am unsure about the expected duration of this process.

In addition to this, I have a step-grandparent who settled in the UK with a British passport, arriving in September 2021.

I am seeking guidance on the following:

What are the specific requirements for student finance eligibility under the status of a family member of a settled person?

Given my current visa status and the pending citizenship application of my step-dad, what steps can I take to explore student finance options?

Is there a particular office or individual I can contact to discuss the feasibility of pursuing this route under my existing visa?

Your insights into these matters would be immensely valuable in helping me navigate potential avenues for student finance. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Original post by Makayla Steytler
I have some questions regarding the requirements for student finance under the category of a family member of a settled person, specifically in the context of my current immigration status.
I am currently in the UK on a UK Ancestral Dependant visa under my step-dad, and by April 2024, I will have completed three years in the country.
My step-dad has recently undergone biometrics for his citizenship application under double descent, and I am unsure about the expected duration of this process.
In addition to this, I have a step-grandparent who settled in the UK with a British passport, arriving in September 2021.
I am seeking guidance on the following:
What are the specific requirements for student finance eligibility under the status of a family member of a settled person?
Given my current visa status and the pending citizenship application of my step-dad, what steps can I take to explore student finance options?
Is there a particular office or individual I can contact to discuss the feasibility of pursuing this route under my existing visa?
Your insights into these matters would be immensely valuable in helping me navigate potential avenues for student finance. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Hi there, I see you have 2 threads so I will reply to this one and message the other to say not in use.

How old are you? When are you looking to start university? When did you move into the UK? Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there, I see you have 2 threads so I will reply to this one and message the other to say not in use.
How old are you? When are you looking to start university? When did you move into the UK? Thanks, Ross

I am 20 years old

this year September 2024

I moved here in April 2021

Original post by Makayla Steytler

I am 20 years old

this year September 2024

I moved here in April 2021

Hi Makayla,

Can you confirm your nationality? Are you looking to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate course?

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending