The Student Room Group

Medicine rejections

I have received 2/4 rejections and another 1 has said that I can’t be considered because of my pre settled status. From what it seems like i will be likely rejected from the last one. I have been offered bio medical science from Hull uni and pharmacology from Huddersfield uni. I am really unsure of what to do, pls if someone could me out pls thanks
It sounds like you need to sort your pre-settled status thing? You need to seek advice from citizens advice or similar because this is quite a big deal due to the length of the course- they won't want someone to start medicine unless there is a high chance they will complete the course.

If your heart is set on medicine then biomedical science or pharmacology isn't the same. Can you go to work/gap year and then reapply in the next cycle?
Original post by ErasistratusV
It sounds like you need to sort your pre-settled status thing? You need to seek advice from citizens advice or similar because this is quite a big deal due to the length of the course- they won't want someone to start medicine unless there is a high chance they will complete the course.

If your heart is set on medicine then biomedical science or pharmacology isn't the same. Can you go to work/gap year and then reapply in the next cycle?

Thank you for the advice, we have applied for settled status but i dont know how long its going to take for home office to get back so i am leaning over to taking a gap year it not like i have much option because i cant possibly pay the tuition fees. Thank you again!
Original post by anayasyed
Thank you for the advice, we have applied for settled status but i dont know how long its going to take for home office to get back so i am leaning over to taking a gap year it not like i have much option because i cant possibly pay the tuition fees. Thank you again!

Lots of overseas students enrol on the course so it can't be that problematic to get the appropriate approval from the Home Office to remain. Don't be too down-hearted: it doesn't sound like anything is any fault of your own. I'm surprised the Home office aren't more pragmatic in this as they must know some University courses at at least 4 years in length which puts an automatic barrier in front of people with any query over their residency status.
Original post by ErasistratusV
Lots of overseas students enrol on the course so it can't be that problematic to get the appropriate approval from the Home Office to remain. Don't be too down-hearted: it doesn't sound like anything is any fault of your own. I'm surprised the Home office aren't more pragmatic in this as they must know some University courses at at least 4 years in length which puts an automatic barrier in front of people with any query over their residency status.

I have applied to most gateway years and they don’t accept anyone who isn’t a home student so that’s probably the main reason of rejection but we have contacted home office severaaaal times all they say is they can’t provide any update on visa’s, very disheartening but i will probably have to take a gap year. If I do contact home office again about uni do i ask them for some kind of proof that I could provide the uni which will allow the uni to accept me?
Reply 5
And also be mindful with Presettled status you will not receive a maintenance loan so all rental and living costs will need to be covered by you. Most likely you will be eligible for a student loan for tuition fees having lived here for 3 years. Hence in these instances too a gap year or two is beneficial:smile:
I have received 2/4 rejections and another 1 has said that I can’t be considered because of my pre settled status. From what it seems like i will be likely rejected from the last one. I have been offered bio medical science from Hull uni and pharmacology from Huddersfield uni. I am really unsure of what to do, pls if someone could me out pls thanks

Hey, don’t worry about it. Last year when I applied I got 0 interviews. So I’ve taken a gap year and now have 2 interviews so far and 1 rejection. Persistence pays off!
I have applied to most gateway years and they don’t accept anyone who isn’t a home student so that’s probably the main reason of rejection but we have contacted home office severaaaal times all they say is they can’t provide any update on visa’s, very disheartening but i will probably have to take a gap year. If I do contact home office again about uni do i ask them for some kind of proof that I could provide the uni which will allow the uni to accept me?

I would contact the admissions department of your chosen Universities, they will have people with direct experience of this kind of issue, this is well out of my realm of experience I'm afraid.
Original post by Anonymous_7871
Hey, don’t worry about it. Last year when I applied I got 0 interviews. So I’ve taken a gap year and now have 2 interviews so far and 1 rejection. Persistence pays off!

i will have to because it doesn’t look like my visa is going to come before the admission close. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending