The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm retaking C3, but have C4 fresh in june.
Reply 181
Original post by MathsNerd1
Is there a link to these papers anywhere as I'm not common of them and I've actually been going slow for the main reason I'll be complete too early for the exam which would be the worst position to be in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops my bad they're call Elmwood lol and here you go :smile:
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/Subject%20Sorted/C4/Elmwood%20Papers/
Reply 182
Im in AS now and I was wondering how hard C3 and C4 are compared to C1 and C2? I got 90% in C1 and did equally well in a C2 mock but I'm a little worried as people say it's a lot harder. :/
Original post by ACBLISS
lol You truly cannot trust edexcel anymore! That 2^t question was in that black book i'm using right not, last question of the exercise :eek:
I say do everything you possibly can for c4 and no second chance :tongue:

Yeah I never really did trust them much before and I'm taking the assumption that they're making all the exams harder in a sense as that's what they did with the S2 exam in January, or at least that's how I felt about it. Yeah I'll do all that is physically possible for C4 as I'm hoping for 2 A*'s in both maths and further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Yeah I never really did trust them much before and I'm taking the assumption that they're making all the exams harder in a sense as that's what they did with the S2 exam in January, or at least that's how I felt about it. Yeah I'll do all that is physically possible for C4 as I'm hoping for 2 A*'s in both maths and further.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They seriously are! We just have to step it up aswell and make sure we can do any question come june.
Original post by ACBLISS
They seriously are! We just have to step it up aswell and make sure we can do any question come june.

Indeed! Then I'll be into Warwick, on the assumption I can get the grade in Chemistry and in AEA/STEP too, can't wait! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Indeed! Then I'll be into Warwick, on the assumption I can get the grade in Chemistry and in AEA/STEP too, can't wait! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the spirit! :biggrin:
But to get to a position were we can answer any question we have to put in the work, so i require your assistance :tongue:

"A hollow right circular cone has height 18cm and base radius 12cm. It is held vertex downwards beneath a tap leaking at the rate of 2cm^3s^-1.
Find the rate of rise of water level when the depth is 6cm."

:biggrin:
Tbh i think i'm fine with connected rates of change, just some questions like the above catch me out :confused:
Reply 187
Original post by larryb
Im in AS now and I was wondering how hard C3 and C4 are compared to C1 and C2? I got 90% in C1 and did equally well in a C2 mock but I'm a little worried as people say it's a lot harder. :/

I think the jump from c2 to c3 is a bit hard but c3 to c4 is fine :smile:
Original post by ACBLISS
That's the spirit! :biggrin:
But to get to a position were we can answer any question we have to put in the work, so i require your assistance :tongue:

"A hollow right circular cone has height 18cm and base radius 12cm. It is held vertex downwards beneath a tap leaking at the rate of 2cm^3s^-1.
Find the rate of rise of water level when the depth is 6cm."

:biggrin:
Tbh i think i'm fine with connected rates of change, just some questions like the above catch me out :confused:

Okay, so which part of it are you actually stuck on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Okay, so which part of it are you actually stuck on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason i just can't seem to form the differential equation :tongue:
Original post by ACBLISS
For some reason i just can't seem to form the differential equation :tongue:

Hmm, I seem to be struggling too, have you made a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Hmm, I seem to be struggling too, have you made a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope :confused:
Original post by ACBLISS
Nope :confused:

Try making one? I seem to have 2 different pieces of information although I'm not quite sure what to put at the beginning, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Try making one? I seem to have 2 different pieces of information although I'm not quite sure what to put at the beginning, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought i did but then i got lost :tongue:
Reply 195
Original post by Zazuwaved
Watching this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

C3 or C4?
Original post by ACBLISS
I thought i did but then i got lost :tongue:

Well can you work out the volume of the cylinder? And then it already tells you at what speed it increases, I'm just not sure what the first part of the differential equation may be :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Well can you work out the volume of the cylinder? And then it already tells you at what speed it increases, I'm just not sure what the first part of the differential equation may be :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The equation is what i'm stuck on lol
Reply 198
Original post by otrivine
No its not, check again:confused:

Yes it's correct, fairly standard question.
Original post by ACBLISS
The equation is what i'm stuck on lol

Maybe someone could be of some assistance to you?

On another note I just looked in my C4 book and they have a question asking you to differentiate x^x by taking logs, so that must mean that it's entirely possible they could ask us something like that in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending