The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine/Dentistry - abroad

Hiya, I've been trying to find a university anywhere where they would provide bursaries, scholarships or loans to help you with paying the fees for the course and accommodation.

I've seen a lot of good universities abroad, but to me, a 10k fee course per year is extremely expensive, especially if that's not covering accommodation and living expenses. How would I possibly be able to pay that much?

I'm predicted A2 grades:
AAAA (bio,chem,sphyco,sociology)
A already in French A2

Applied in UK, and got 4 rejections.
Hi! I seen this post and got excited but then realised no one had replied...
I'm in a similar situation to you except i took a gap year n gt rejected again:frown:
After researching for a week i'm ready to give up on finding funding. U had any luck?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
does it matter if you want to work in the UK as a dentist, however qualifying from a country outside the EEA??
Original post by dent2012
does it matter if you want to work in the UK as a dentist, however qualifying from a country outside the EEA??

I think it depends on wat degree u get at the end of the course. Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by legen-daryklutz
I think it depends on wat degree u get at the end of the course. Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anywhere really :smile: i contacted gdc and They said that i will have to sit for an overseas exam upon completing my degree..so I don't think it depends on if you get bds, dmd or any other degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anywhere really :smile: i contacted gdc and They said that i will have to sit for an overseas exam upon completing my degree..so I don't think it depends on if you get bds, dmd or any other degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm...sounds like a lot of effort. F u get an mddr. then u cn study anywhere in the eea without another exam. Something to think about. Oh well, I've decided against it...too expensive:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I believe University of Copenhagen do offer a degree in medicine which is taught in English.
They are also ranked in the top ten universities in Europe and there are no university fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waraich96
I believe University of Copenhagen do offer a degree in medicine which is taught in English.
They are also ranked in the top ten universities in Europe and there are no university fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know any for Dentistry??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Medicine in Bulgaria-applications are open and its less than the UK, you can take loans and about 50 british students went over this year -pleven Uni

Malta has no fees

Prague is a popular one but it requires an entrance exam

Uni of debrecen is another popular one -in Hungary
Reply 9
Original post by Libby18
Medicine in Bulgaria-applications are open and its less than the UK, you can take loans and about 50 british students went over this year -pleven Uni

Malta has no fees

Prague is a popular one but it requires an entrance exam

Uni of debrecen is another popular one -in Hungary

Where do you take loans from for Bulgaria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Where do you take loans from for Bulgaria?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure exactly, but I know you can take loans abroad in Bulgaria (not sure about here though). I'd email Outreach Education (they dont charge you and aid British students to apply to Bulgaria) to clarify everything you want to know. There is also a FB group with the 50-60 people from the UK who are there now.
Reply 11
Original post by legen-daryklutz
You know any for Dentistry??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I am sure they do but I am not sure they do it in English. But I will check and let you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Malta are an option, they require a modern foreign language to at least AS level, which you have. And no tuition fees.

Not sure about whether the degree is accepted by GMC, you'll have to read up on that. Assuming that you'd like to come back and practice in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending