The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Mature Students

What and who classes as a mature student. Also do they need to have the same grades or are there exceptions. Surely people who don't have the grade should still have opportunities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I believe a mature student is someone over the age of 21. You don't have to have the same grades as school leavers as after all you will have work and life experience. If you look at the entry requirements for the course you're interested in that should give you some hints as to what they are looking for or contact the Uni & ask.

I'm a mature student and if I don't get into study Nursing this year I'll be doing a relevant HNC at College which will help me gain access to University.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
thanks for your response we share the same idea, ive applied but dont think ill get in so going to apply for the hnc also

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Have you already applied for the HNC? If not I'd get my application in asap. I've applied for it at Perth College, I have an interview next Friday and Dundee College, I was invited to an information session which I attended and I'm waiting to hear whether or not I have an interview but they were saying they'd already had over 10 applications for each space on the course. Time is definitely of the essence.
Reply 4
not but i want to do it work based so need find a college who will support that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending