The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Numeracy test in LCF Fashion Buying and Merchandising?

Can anyone please give me a brief overview of the numeracy test for the London College of Fashion Buying and Merchandising interview? (subjects it covers, difficulty and perhaps an example of a question?) It's my dream school and I really don't want to screw up my chances by messing up on the maths
Reply 1
Hi,

I took the numeracy test in June of 2012 so it may have changed since then, but this is what I had.

There are 10 questions with multiple parts each and I was given 20 minutes to answer all of them (this was the e-mailed test since I'm international; if you take it in person it might be different.)

You'll have to know how to do basic decimal places, calculate area, percentages, markups, markdowns, ratios, exchange rates (they give you the rate and you have to calculate it) and profit margins.

Basically, brush up on your percentages/fractions/ratios and try to do fairly complex multi-part problems if you can.

Hope that helps!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Dear Marlinchen, can you please help on interview questions for the same course? I also have applied to LCF for the Fashion B&M, and I am also international. I passed the numeracy and writing test, and they sent me confirmation on the telephone interview. I am a bit worried, as English is not my native language, and I would like to prepare beforehand. Should I be worried about the interview?

Many thanks in advance,
Aida
Reply 3
Original post by vivstevens
Can anyone please give me a brief overview of the numeracy test for the London College of Fashion Buying and Merchandising interview? (subjects it covers, difficulty and perhaps an example of a question?) It's my dream school and I really don't want to screw up my chances by messing up on the maths

hie my name is Flo, i have also applied for the same course, did yo can a place, m also worried about numeracy test, i have no clue what to expect.
Reply 4
HI Guys, Can someone help me with the same query? I want to know what to expect in the numeracy test and the written test for LCF MBA program.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending