Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No last tour is ar3.30
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
hmf. okay, I'll have to check the website tomorrow then, and work it out!
Reply 22
No last one is 3:30
Reply 23
Sorry please ignore the message above.it was Internet malfunction
Reply 24
Original post by haninori
hmm. I'm just trying to work out what time to aim to get there, considering I have a 6 hour drive in the morning :tongue: do you think they'll run after 4pm when the lib arts finishes?

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/visitdays/timetables/

This is a link to the timetable for the day but it says the last tour is at 15:30...
6 hours :eek: - thats painful :console:
Reply 25
Where are you guys coming from
I originally applied for FCH but got an offer for LibArts. My FCH was for Ancient History and Philosophy, so I would major in one of those (unless I can major in two...do either of you know this? :s-smilie:)

Can we take 30 credits of our own choice on top of the libarts modules in first year, or did I imagine reading that somewhere? I think that will make the decision for me! If it's 120 overall, then I guess that makes sense...

Oh, and what do you think you'll do in 2nd year, think tank or work experience?

Hi, just to clarify, you can specialize in one 'major' area, however due to the interdisciplinary nature of the course it would be easy to combine History and Philosophy in the Dissertation etc. Also, you can 'minor', so you could 'major' in History and 'minor' in Philosophy, resulting in a BA Liberal Arts (History with Philosophy).

Also, yes- you have 30 credits to chose what you like in first year, and 90 credits of choice in the second year. The only thing we ask is for you to take at least 15 credits of a language, and 15 of a quantitative methodology module. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by IWish
I am in the same situation!! got moved from the FCH (english and history)
But the Liberal arts degree looks really cool! I think it actually suits me better....does any one know about visit days? I would like to major in english i think :smile:

Hi, our next visit day is next Wednesday (27th) from 2-4pm. However, get in touch if you can't make it and we can arrange a separate visit for you to talk to one of the Liberal Arts team.
Reply 28
Original post by yg95

London :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by charlotte199
Hi, just to clarify, you can specialize in one 'major' area, however due to the interdisciplinary nature of the course it would be easy to combine History and Philosophy in the Dissertation etc. Also, you can 'minor', so you could 'major' in History and 'minor' in Philosophy, resulting in a BA Liberal Arts (History with Philosophy).

Also, yes- you have 30 credits to chose what you like in first year, and 90 credits of choice in the second year. The only thing we ask is for you to take at least 15 credits of a language, and 15 of a quantitative methodology module. Hope this helps! :smile:

oh wow, thank you so much! :smile:

so are those 15 and 15 separate from the 30 in the first year, and 90 in the second year?
Reply 30
Original post by Nomad0
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/visitdays/timetables/

This is a link to the timetable for the day but it says the last tour is at 15:30...
6 hours :eek: - thats painful :console:

ah, yay, thank you for the link! :biggrin:

haha, yup, almost 12 hours driving in one day *cringe*
Reply 31
Original post by yg95

Norwich!
Reply 32
okay guys, I'm a little confused, so here whats happening. Exeter emailed me offering this place on the LibArts course and saying my track would be updated shortly.
Its been a week and my track hasn't updated, also no one had emailed me any log on/ visit day information. I really want to go next wednesday but am not on their system yet!!
What does this mean? is it a real offer? I need to be booking trains if I am going, but don't want to just turn up. I am very excited about this course and would love to go and visit :/ any advice would be great!!
Reply 33
Get in contact with them they should invite you to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Nomad0
London :smile:

Same here how are you getting there ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by yg95
Same here how are you getting there ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think train from Paddington, but it's soo expensive even with railcard
oh wow, thank you so much! :smile:

so are those 15 and 15 separate from the 30 in the first year, and 90 in the second year?

Those core language and quantitative modules will come out of the 30 credits in first year and 90 credits in second year
Original post by IWish
okay guys, I'm a little confused, so here whats happening. Exeter emailed me offering this place on the LibArts course and saying my track would be updated shortly.
Its been a week and my track hasn't updated, also no one had emailed me any log on/ visit day information. I really want to go next wednesday but am not on their system yet!!
What does this mean? is it a real offer? I need to be booking trains if I am going, but don't want to just turn up. I am very excited about this course and would love to go and visit :/ any advice would be great!!

Hi, sorry for the confusion! Track is taking longer than anticipated to update, however we would love to have you along to an Offer Holder Visit day. the next one is Wednesday 27th from 2-4pm, and there will be campus/accommodation tours running throughout the day. If you would like any further information about the Liberal Arts talk and visit day, email: [email protected]
Reply 38
That's true coming back was also too expensive considering the fact that I booked on such short notice unfortunately I had to go back by coach as it was only a fiver :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by charlotte199
Those core language and quantitative modules will come out of the 30 credits in first year and 90 credits in second year

surely that means I won't be able to do any Philosophy/Ancient History modules in first year, then? since the language and quantitative make up the 30?

Latest

Trending

Trending