The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Best unis for a Liberal Arts degree?

I've got Durham, Bristol, Leeds, and UCL down. But does anyone here know anything else?
Reply 1
I think Birmingham is supposed to be quite good, plus maybe some other London unis like King's. Maybe try looking at league tables for liberal arts.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've applied for Liberal Arts at Exeter, Bristol and King's and received offers from all of them. I've also considered Durham and Warwick but I didn't like the location and so didn't choose to apply there. My top choice is King's because unlike Exeter, where you have to choose your major from the beginning, King's allows you to choose 5 subjects out of 15 offered to study in your first year then narrow your major down in your second year, which I liked as I was able to explore. These information, along with the subjects offered within Liberal Arts, vary according to universities so do have a look on their website. I think for Liberal Arts this would have a bigger impact on deciding what unis to apply for rather than the prestige and the name value of the university.
Original post by hokyung1121
I've applied for Liberal Arts at Exeter, Bristol and King's and received offers from all of them. I've also considered Durham and Warwick but I didn't like the location and so didn't choose to apply there. My top choice is King's because unlike Exeter, where you have to choose your major from the beginning, King's allows you to choose 5 subjects out of 15 offered to study in your first year then narrow your major down in your second year, which I liked as I was able to explore. These information, along with the subjects offered within Liberal Arts, vary according to universities so do have a look on their website. I think for Liberal Arts this would have a bigger impact on deciding what unis to apply for rather than the prestige and the name value of the university.
Hi! How did you find the compulsory language module at King's? I also love how the course works at King's but I don't want to take a language since that is not my strong suit.
Birmingham is interesting as it is Liberal Arts and Science and gives a lot of flexibility. Also take a look at Manchester and Nottingham.
Original post by unhingedpoet
Hi! How did you find the compulsory language module at King's? I also love how the course works at King's but I don't want to take a language since that is not my strong suit.

same omg

Quick Reply

Latest