The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Oh right.... I didnt see a section where you could put that in :s-smilie:

Unless the referee had to put it in?

I was applying individually and had to put it in the referees section, so yeah, if youre applying through your school then your referee shouldve done it
Original post by errrr...
I was applying individually and had to put it in the referees section, so yeah, if youre applying through your school then your referee shouldve done it

Thanks a lot. Should I email the admissions department to let them know? I think thats the best I could do in this situation as I can't change ucas now
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Thanks a lot. Should I email the admissions department to let them know? I think thats the best I could do in this situation as I can't change ucas now

Better to email both ucas and the admissions departments. ucas will update your application.
Hey guys,

I have had a large number of queries about personal statements and the interview at Liverpool. Although it has not always been possible to reply to every person, I am offering a one-to-one interview skills session over the phone; this will make sure I can talk about your worries/questions individually. I can also do a mock interview over the phone lasting 15-20 mins based on a typical medical school interview.

I have had years of experience with mock medical school interviews through the TeachFirst organisation; for the small cost of £9.99 I am willing to do an interview skills session via telephone (Including the interview 15-20 mins plus feedback)

PM me if interested!
Quick question, it says on the UofL website that A*/A = 2 points and B= 1 point so if i got 10A's would that be no different to getting 10 A*s? Or would they not look at points and check grades? It seems too simple to get as many points as someone who got 10A*s…. Thanks, would appreciate a reply:colondollar:
Original post by tahahussain123
Quick question, it says on the UofL website that A*/A = 2 points and B= 1 point so if i got 10A's would that be no different to getting 10 A*s? Or would they not look at points and check grades? It seems too simple to get as many points as someone who got 10A*s…. Thanks, would appreciate a reply:colondollar:

10As = 10A*s for the purpose of pre-interview points score.

But bear in mind they only count your top 9 GCSEs anyway so it's 9, and not 10...
Hi, was wondering exactly how similar liverpool and Lancasters application process was? Because I received an interview for lancaster but still waiting for Liverpool. Which would be considered more difficult to get an interview at? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Hi, was wondering exactly how similar liverpool and Lancasters application process was? Because I received an interview for lancaster but still waiting for Liverpool. Which would be considered more difficult to get an interview at? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The two are in the process of separating and Lancaster therefore becoming an autonomous course. For example, I believe (check it) that Lancaster do MMI interviews now. I'm not sure what other changes there have been but expect more to come, if they haven't already.
has anyone got an interview for january yet?
Original post by adershsaravanaa
has anyone got an interview for january yet?

Think you've posted in the wrong thread mate :P
Reply 1850
better off applying as a graduate with a life sciences degree

Original post by BlairCWaldorf
I have 13.5 Points at GCSE and ABB at A-level (resitting). I really want to apply to liverpool for medicine, is it worth applying?
Hi to anybody from this thread who has just finished their 1st year at Liverpool Medical school.

1) Are there any books you recommend buying? Is there a first year reading list, and if so please could I have it
2) What topics do we cover in first year?
3) Is there any equipment we need to buy for 1st year?
4) Would you recommend brushing up or reading anything before we join, and if so what?
5) How many files ect would we roughly need?
6) Is the workload intense? Would I be able to get a Saturday job?
7) Is chemistry a large part of the course, basically will I struggled with not doing chemistry? Or is the bio chemistry in alevel biology enough?
8) What was your timetable for your first year?
9) Are there exams throughout the year or just at the end?
I know these are a lot of questions and I would be extremely grateful if you could answer them. Any extra tips would be hugely appreciated.Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending