The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Really didn't like how he just grabbed onto the TARDIS and travelled through the time vortex like that. Twice.

Meh episode. As is the feels with most episodes of late. :emo:
Reply 581
Original post by Mr.Messy
Really didn't like how he just grabbed onto the TARDIS and travelled through the time vortex like that. Twice.

Meh episode. As is the feels with most episodes of late. :emo:

First half was pretty poor, the second bit was great once he went into the other world.

The ending was ****ing terrible though. Bloodline and love story ffs :facepalm2:
Best Clara episode so far IMHO!

Very end part was majorly lame though gahh. Had me actually scared for some of it :3
Okay this was a better episode than the others this series, but that's a low bar, and can be broke down into four sections:

Meh, Yeah!, Eh?, Aaargh!
Reply 584
Original post by The Mad Dog
Okay this was a better episode than the others this series, but that's a low bar, and can be broke down into four sections:

Meh, Yeah!, Eh?, Aaargh!

:congrats:

Hit the nail on the head.
Reply 585
Not sure about that last episode (or this series to be honest!)
I think the whole ghost story thing could have worked really well, but the whole wormhole/holding onto the TARDIS thing just overcomplicated it in my opinion? Like sometimes it works, but this time it just felt out of place. I really liked the forest shots though!

Also, it feels like the sonic screwdriver is becoming more and more used? Like it used to just open doors, but now it just feels like a get out clause for nearly everything. I think we need Moffat at the controls for an episode or two!

(A point to note - I appreciated the return of the fetching orange space suit from 42!)
8/10 this was a definite improvement on previous episodes in the series. It was actually a bit scary at some points, and I liked Clara's interaction with the TARDIS. The ending wasn't terrible, but it was okay. The trailer for next week made me so excited!
I've enjoyed Clara's episodes far more than the other Matt Smith series'

She's so much better than Amy
I liked the episode... It just kept reminding me of poltergeist.
Original post by Paramore<3
Not sure about that last episode (or this series to be honest!)
I think the whole ghost story thing could have worked really well, but the whole wormhole/holding onto the TARDIS thing just overcomplicated it in my opinion? Like sometimes it works, but this time it just felt out of place. I really liked the forest shots though!

Also, it feels like the sonic screwdriver is becoming more and more used? Like it used to just open doors, but now it just feels like a get out clause for nearly everything. I think we need Moffat at the controls for an episode or two!

(A point to note - I appreciated the return of the fetching orange space suit from 42!)

I thought it was from the Ood episodes?
Original post by Miracle Day
I thought it was from the Ood episodes?

I think it was used in both 42 and The Satan Pit
Original post by Dragonrage973
I think it was used in both 42 and The Satan Pit

Ahh. The only suit I remember from 42 was the helmet the sun monster used :ditto:
Reply 592
It was not as good as last week's
Original post by Mess.
First half was pretty poor, the second bit was great once he went into the other world.

The ending was ****ing terrible though. Bloodline and love story ffs :facepalm2:

I thought it got better as it went along but honestly they haven't been able to produce a memorable episode for a long time. Not for me anyway.

Getting real tired of the continuous love fixes everything theme. :yawn:

Original post by SirMasterKey
The Doctor's name is

Spoiler

A part of me thinks its going to be something so lame that he doesn't tell anyone because he is embarrassed by it. I can see this happening with the current state of the show. :ahee:
The Doctor's name is..

Spoiler

The Doctor's name is..

Spoiler

I have known that since Spearhead from Space. :rolleyes:
The Doctor's name is..

Spoiler

Reply 597
Best episode of the series so far, but it was still just... alright.

Started off a bit boring - I thought some of the scenes were a little unnecessary, and didn't really progress the story all that much. They could've put a lot more 'ghostly/scary' scenes instead of the 'Doctor-being-quirky' ones we've seen a thousand times.

The middle was definitely the best part: the scene where Clara comes to the realisation that she's just a companion the Doctor uses in order to solve his loneliness, stood out as one of the best and was one of my favourite parts of the 11th Doctor's series. Doctor Who having insightful themes was something really different, and I wasn't expecting that at all; they should do more of these in future eps/series.

The ending I thought was quite good, although I think they should've just left the monster love-story out altogether. The Doctor hanging on to the Tardis was MUCH better than using the Sonic Screwdriver to solve everything, and the visuals were quite good too. I think one of the things that let this episode down the most was the random monster(s) we had absolutely no information on, and weren't really that interesting; it looked like they were designed in 5 minutes, by a 3 year old.
Reply 598
Was there any Rose references apart from the parallel universe?
Episode, pretty good.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest