The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
:frown: A main spoiler?

I read how the episode starts, so I'm keeping away from all Doctor Who forums/links - apart from this one!

I'm not sure, it was on the Digital Spy forums, I started reading someone's post and then realised and quickly closed the tab!

I'm actually terrified now. I think I'm going to do the same as you - stick firmly to this forum and nowhere else!

PLEASE nobody post any spoilers or anything about the finale.:frown::frown:
Original post by MENDACIUM

Lol, Dr Who have a lot of plot mysteries to tie together tbh. They never told us what was up with amy, bad wolf..now river song, and then clara oswald?

All of that stuff was explained, but what mystery was there ever about Amy?
Reply 982
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
All of that stuff was explained, but what mystery was there ever about Amy?

Bad Wolf and amy.

That scene with those time-things , and that picture frame with the wierd woman with the goggle on one eye - i think.

My memory of that episode/set of episodes aren't entirely clear - why she was taken, what they wanted with her, and her baby and so on.

Why the doctor picked on her and no-one else..where on earth her family was.
Bad Wolf and amy.

That scene with those time-things , and that picture frame with the wierd woman with the goggle on one eye - i think.

Madame Kovarian - worked for (with?) the Silence to capture Melody and condition her to kill the Doctor.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'those time-things'.

My memory of that episode/set of episodes aren't entirely clear - why she was taken, what they wanted with her, and her baby and so on.

Her baby turned out to be River Song.... Born to kill the Doctor.

Why the doctor picked on her and no-one else..where on earth her family was.

This was explained, although I'm a bit hazy on the details. I think basically the 'crack' was eating away at Amy's life (including eradicating her parents from existence), which is why they were restored with the Big Bang.
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone who has seen the finale due to the early release :P don't tell me spoilers or anyone but was it a good episode? just like a rating out of 10? was it a fitting finale or was it another episode to add to the vault of over confusing, silly episodes that doctor who has a tendency to do :/
Original post by Munrot07
anyone who has seen the finale due to the early release :P don't tell me spoilers or anyone but was it a good episode? just like a rating out of 10? was it a fitting finale or was it another episode to add to the vault of over confusing, silly episodes that doctor who has a tendency to do :/

Well Its not available anywhere online that I can find.
Reply 986
Original post by Rascacielos
Madame Kovarian - worked for (with?) the Silence to capture Melody and condition her to kill the Doctor.

Melody was river song correct? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is river song is the doctors wife, and Amy's child at the same time? If i can understand it correctly, river song i.e melody, had to kill the doctor to stop a paradox from occuring, he sacrificed his life.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'those time-things'.

Those alien things. Like area-51 esque aliens:P Time things, they appeared to amy in the washroom when she had her phone. Lots of them were on the ceiling in the house or something:P

Her baby turned out to be River Song.... Born to kill the Doctor.

But she never properly killed the doctor. She killed him because he had to be killed otherwise a paradox would ensue=p

This was explained, although I'm a bit hazy on the details. I think basically the 'crack' was eating away at Amy's life (including eradicating her parents from existence), which is why they were restored with the Big Bang.

I get it now:smile: That makes sense!:smile:

Sorry if i'm a little hazy on the plot complexities.
Original post by drbluebox
Well Its not available anywhere online that I can find.

yeh but the people in america who preordered it will have seen it :P
Bad Wolf.

Rascacielios (I've changed your username since it's more awesome this way. xx) has got the Amy story covered, but the bad wolf one was simply Rose. The recurring message of bad wolf was permeated through time and space by Rose (who had absorbed the time vortex - becoming the bad wolf), as a method of leading their past-selves to this same position. It's a circular recurrence of cause and effect just like in Blink with the video tape.

Melody was river song correct? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but is river song is the doctors wife, and Amy's child at the same time? If i can understand it correctly, river song i.e melody, had to kill the doctor to stop a paradox from occuring, he sacrificed his life.

Yes, River is the Doctor's wife and Amy's daughter. Amy is the Doctor's mother-in-law. :biggrin:

River Song was supposed to kill the Doctor - his "death" was like a fixed point in time that had to occur. In one timeline, River refused to kill the Doctor, so time collapsed into what we saw in the finale episode.

Those alien things. Like area-51 esque aliens:P Time things, they appeared to amy in the washroom when she had her phone. Lots of them were on the ceiling in the house or something:P

The aliens (The Silence) were simply aliens working with Madame Kovarian to kill the Doctor due to a religious prophecy. Their presence in the orphanage is part of the whole kidnapping and raising Melody timeline.

But she never properly killed the doctor. She killed him because he had to be killed otherwise a paradox would ensue=p

Nyeeh, wasn't so much a paradox. She was kidnapped to make it LOOK like she killed the Doctor (timey-wimely speaking), which was what the fixed point in time was. Madame Kovarian, of course, kidnapped her to REALLY kill the Doctor.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 989

I've not seen it but I read a spoiler free review - includes link to review. There are no spoilers on this page, but according to the page, the links contained therein do contain spoiler.

Spoiler

Reply 990
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Rascacielios (I've changed your username since it's more awesome this way. xx) has got the Amy story covered, but the bad wolf one was simply Rose. The recurring message of bad wolf was permeated through time and space by Rose (who had absorbed the time vortex - becoming the bad wolf), as a method of leading their past-selves to this same position. It's a circular recurrence of cause and effect just like in Blink with the video tape.

Yes, River is the Doctor's wife and Amy's daughter. Amy is the Doctor's mother-in-law. :biggrin:

River Song was supposed to kill the Doctor - his "death" was like a fixed point in time that had to occur. In one timeline, River refused to kill the Doctor, so time collapsed into what we saw in the finale episode.

The aliens (The Silence) were simply aliens working with Madame Kovarian to kill the Doctor due to a religious prophecy. Their presence in the orphanage is part of the whole kidnapping and raising Melody timeline.

Nyeeh, wasn't so much a paradox. She was kidnapped to make it LOOK like she killed the Doctor (timey-wimely speaking), which was what the fixed point in time was. Madame Kovarian, of course, kidnapped her to REALLY kill the Doctor.

I understand better now:smile: Thanks for re-clarifying this with me. I'll keep a closer eye on Clara Oswald and the Doctors attempt to figure out who she is :wink: Then i will be the guru.

River never killed the doctor in the first place - Amy and Rory just thought he was being killed.

Later on, we realise he was actually using the futuristic punishment robot which could morph into anything (think back to the episode with Hitler) to take his place while he hid inside it.

10/10 :wink: I almost gave up on the show but the last 3 minutes blew my mind!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Batman
10/10 :wink: I almost gave up on the show but the last 3 minutes blew my mind!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to know it ends well! :biggrin: That's all I hoped for - I don't really care how it ends
I've seen the episode leak and I can give one spoiler now to anyone who dares..

Spoiler

Tumblr is awash with speculation that the leak is actually a publicity stunt by the BBC.
(edited 10 years ago)
Strax has a twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsStrax

*Drags a bewildered sheep to a heavily barricaded fortress* I have what you asked for sir... Ah, a battering ram. Is this not the same?

:rofl2:
Reply 996
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Strax has a twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsStrax

:rofl2:

If they ever drop the women and have the Doctor become a more violent character they should have him as a permanent companion. He's hilarious.
Original post by Rakas21
If they ever drop the women and have the Doctor become a more violent character they should have him as a permanent companion. He's hilarious.

I love him, I really do. He's the perfect comic relief.
Just watched Nightmare in Silver. I enjoyed it - I liked how agile the Cybermen were - but I hated those kids, and 45 minutes didn't feel like enough time to have enough cyberman action.
Original post by The Batman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you watch it?

Quick Reply

Latest