The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by amcdschool
hahahaha its my panda suit

That makes sense thought I seen something weird in the background :rolleyes:
Original post by British-Student
That's not Halberstram; that's Rothschild. But tell me; what do you think of Phil Collins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I would read that, but I've got to return some videotapes...

Sorry for the off-topicness folks... though it's an insight into our real life insanity :chaplin:
Original post by Black Cat
You're very beautiful arina :biggrin:

Thank you :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gypsyclimber
Dready bun. In black and white because my webcam is pants.

130412-161412.jpg

Cute!
Original post by arina162
Ah, why not? I'm in the mood. :smile: (Not edited - orange lamp :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also cute!

I need to expand my vocabulary.
Original post by Amanbabbar./
Oh :frown: sad times :frown: :frown: :frown:

Ooohhh. But we do follow everything you say on here. That needs to count for something, sweetie! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Form a line ladeez :colonhash:

Did you miss me guise? :ahee:

What happened to your eye?
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Also cute!

I need to expand my vocabulary.

Yeah please. :tongue: Regarding the fact that this is mainly up.for you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BastillePompeii
You look amazing. I like your face.

Do you want to be rated /10?

It is a service available upon request.

:smile:

That is such a cute picture!

sorry, that was meant for the girl whose picture it was.
Ah, why not? I'm in the mood. :smile: (Not edited - orange lamp :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

You look great in this pic! :biggrin:
Original post by Holby_fanatic
What happened to your eye?

I have a chalazion. It's harmless, just a blocked gland that causes a build up.

I have surgery scheduled for Thursday, it's an outpatient procedure :smile:
That's not Halberstram; that's Rothschild. But tell me; what do you think of Phil Collins?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
Original post by amcdschool
Photo on 22-04-2013 at 23.21.jpg

Ooft. My my, the things I'd do to with you :colondollar:
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Cute!

Aw, thanks :smile:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
I have a chalazion. It's harmless, just a blocked gland that causes a build up.

I have surgery scheduled for Thursday, it's an outpatient procedure :smile:

I hope it goes well for you! I'd hate to have anything put near my eye so you must be brave. Looking good in the picture by the way, haha. :smile:
Ooohhh. But we do follow everything you say on here. That needs to count for something, sweetie! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess that's enough for me :dontknow:
What's going on with this thread? People post pictures and then...others talk about you? lol. Pictures in profile.
Original post by Amanbabbar./
Yeah I guess that's enough for me :dontknow:

Oh god, you make me feel really bad... :frown: No, sorry - still no twitter for me. Please accept my sincere apologies :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You look great in this pic! :biggrin:

Thank you - not too bad for my age, huh? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you - not too bad for my age, huh? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, for an 'old-timer' of course - not bad at all! :colondollar:

Latest